News BulletsBy Caillan
April 7, 2003 - 11:07 AM
- Leonard Nimoy (Spock) recently gave the keynote speech at the annual banquet of the National Space Club of Huntsville, according to a report at the Huntsville Times. The actor reiterated that space exploration should continue even in the wake of the Columbia tragedy. "That's what we do - we explore," he said.
- Harlan Ellison, writer of "The City on the Edge of Forever", is currently doing a tour of northern Ohio as part of the "Share A Book" programme run by the Cleveland Area Metropolitan Library System. On Wednesday night he will be performing "A Hellishly Annoying Evening With Harlan Ellison" at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum. Further details about his appearances are available in the Cleveland Plain Dealer.
- Section31 has posted the back cover and insert of the Star Trek Nemesis DVD.
- An audio clip of Scott Bakula's (Jonathan Archer) recent appearance on WIL 92.3 in St. Louis is available for download as an 11 MB MP3 at Bakula News.
- Kate Mulgrew (Kathryn Janeway) will be appearing at Barnes and Noble near Lincoln Center in New York today from 7:00 - 8:00 p.m. Further details are available at Totally Kate!.
- Australia's Herald Sun has interviewed Tony Alleyne, the Trek fan who converted the interior of his flat into a replica of the Enterprise-D.
- Ever felt the urge to make your very own starship Enterprise out of a floppy disk? Here's a site that shows you how.
- 85 new screencaps from Star Trek: The Motion Picture are up at TrekPulse.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.