News BulletsBy Caillan
March 7, 2003 - 11:35 AM
- Enterprise will return to Australian television next week, with Channel 9 airing "Shockwave, Part II" at 11:30 p.m. on Wednesday, March 12. Thanks to Heath for this!
- Rick Sterbach talks working on Nemesis and Star Trek: The Motion Picture at Sci-Fi Pulse.
- Kilian Melloy at Wigglefish has reviewed the latest Enterprise novel, Surak's Soul. "It's a nice book for a train ride or a quick flight, but don't cross an afternoon out of your schedule for it," he wrote, awarding the novel a score of 2.5 out of 5. Thanks to Dieter for this!
- Over at TrekWeb, Bill Williams has cast a critical eye over Garth of Izar. Here's an excerpt from his analysis:
The memories of Whom Gods Destroy and the confrontation between Garth of Izar and Kirk are still as exciting today as when the episode was first aired. Unfortunately, the story does not rise to the anticipated fever pitch. Sargent and Zebrowski let the air out of the bag at the mid-point, revealing that Garth of Izar is truly gone and that only Captain Garth remains.
The book was given a score of 3 out of 5 in the full review.
- Dr JoAnn M. Podis will present a lecture entitled "The Women of Star Trek: From Yeoman Janice Rand to Captain Kathryn Janeway - How Far Have We Come?" on Thursday, March 13 at Ursuline College, Ohio. Further information is available at the college's web site.
- Vote for the Original Series in a "Greatest TV Show of All Time" poll at Newsday. Thanks to John Pini for this!
- The official web site of Kate Mulgrew's (Kathryn Janeway) play, Tea At Five, has opened.
- Mulgrew talks about her role as Katharine Hepburn in the play at the Baltimore Sun.
- Atmosphere Pictures is asking Trek fans to complete a survey related to their upcoming Gene Roddenberry projects. Thanks to SyFy Portal for this!
- An interview with Enterprise stunt man Chester E. Tripp III can be found at the Tecumseh Herald.