Site ColumnsBy Caillan
December 6, 2001 - 10:46 AM
Well, I certainly found the 'Favourite Sci-Fi Show' Poll very interesting. This being a Trek site, it was a foregone conclusion that Enterprise would win - but approximately 50% said it wasn't their favourite show. Maybe we should run the same poll at the end of season one and compare the results.
There was a bit of rivalry between the other shows to see who could make it into second place - there were Farscape and Stargate SG-1 movements in the TrekBBS sci-fi forum, and a big Andromeda push at Slipstream. Full results can be found below.
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
- Which Ziyal was your favourite?
- Whatever happened to the USS Defiant?
- What films or TV shows do you like that feature Trek actors?
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
These were some of the major news items on December 6, 1999:
- Stewart 'Christmas Carol' Interview
Patrick Stewart (Jean-Luc Picard) talked about the differences between his one-man version of 'A Christmas Carol' and the TV film in which he played Ebeneezer Scrooge.
"I learned that it was a much more restful time playing Scrooge than playing everybody. The interaction with the other actors, instead of having them exist inside my head as they have for almost 10 years, was bound to change everything. I was everyday being forced to reassess everything that I had done before, which is exactly what I had hoped for."
- CNN Reviews 'Hidden Evil'
D. Ian Hopper at CNN Interactive posted a less than positive review of 'Insurrection: Hidden Evil.' "It's almost fitting that the game takes place after the 'Insurrection' movie, and uses the same world," he wrote. "That movie was criticized as seeming too much like just a two-hour TV episode. Unfortunately, you won't spend much more time with this game."
More news can be found in the archives.
Below are the results of the most recent TrekToday poll:
,Thanks for voting! Please participate in our new poll, which asks which minor TNG character you would most like to see in 'Nemesis.',
In yesterday's article on the Psi Phi Awards, we reported that they were being organised by David Henderson. The awards are in fact run by Psi Phi Books BBS member 'Surf'.
Today's Television Listings
- TNN will be showing The Next Generation episodes 'Time Squared' at 8:00 p.m and 'Captain's Holiday' at 11:00 p.m eastern time.
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series episode 'Who Mourns for Adonais' at 6:00 p.m.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series episode 'The Immunity Syndrome' at 10:00 a.m and 2:00 p.m, eastern time, followed by the Next Gneration episode 'Manhunt' at 3:00 p.m, DS9's 'Chimera' at 5:00 p.m, and Voyager's 'Natural Law' at 5:00 p.m.
- In the United Kingdom, E4 will show the Original Series episode 'Shore Leave' at 14:00 and 18:00 GMT. Sky One will show Voyager's 'Time and Again' at 17:00 GMT. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In the Netherlands, RTL5 will show DS9's 'Crossover' at 18:00 ECT, with NET5 showing Voyager's 'Flashback' at 18:30. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- TNN will be showing TNG's 'The Icarus Factor' at 8:00pm Eastern Time, TNG's 'Descent, Part I' at 9:00pm, TNG's 'Descent, Part II' at 10:00pm and TNG's 'Tin Man' at 11:00pm.
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series's 'The Changeling' at 6:00pm.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series's 'Return to Tomorrow' at 10:00am, with a repeat at 2:00pm, TNG's 'Peak Performance' at 3:00pm, DS9's 'Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges' at 4:00pm, and Voyager's 'Renaissance Man' at 5:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing Voyager's 'Phage' at 17:00 GMT, with a repeat at 00:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Germany, Sat.1 will be showing 'Star Trek Generations' at 20:15.
- In the Netherlands, RTL5 will be showing DS9's 'The Collaborator' at 18:00 CET, while NET5 will be showing Voyager's 'The Chute' at 18:30. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!
- In Australia, TV1 will be showing DS9's 'The Wire' at 00:00. Thanks go out to the Australian Babylon 5 & Star Trek air schedule