News BulletsBy Michelle
August 6, 2003 - 11:10 PM
- Totally Kate! has reports on Kate Mulgrew's appearance at the Las Vegas convention last weekend here and here.
- The Official Star Trek Site has also posted a Vegas convention report.
- Star Trek: Elite Force II received four out of five stars from NZoom's Dan Sperber, who said "the artillery would make Scotty proud."
- Chemistry.org reports on the development of handheld DNA detectors, "an echo of the fictional tricorders featured in Star Trek."
- The Digital Bits web site has an editorial stating that Paramount should follow Fox's lead and release Enterprise on DVD immediately to pick up viewers, as Fox did with 24:
Create the kind of behind-the-scenes features that you can ONLY do on-set, with a show that's currently in production...make the DVDs so cool, that not only will every Star Trek fan have to have them, but the home theater crowd's gotta have 'em too.
Thanks to George for the heads-up.
- The Rocky Mountain News has an editorial asking whether Star Trek is "space dust" and quoting William Shatner as saying that the outlook for the franchise is "somewhat dire."
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.