News BulletsBy Caillan
January 3, 2003 - 12:01 PM
- Australia's TV1 will be airing the 'Making of Star Trek Nemesis' special at 8:00pm on January 11th during the Sci-Fi Sector. Thanks to Andrew Rayfield for this!
- TrekZone.de reported Marina Sirtis (Deanna Troi) will be attending the German 'Nemesis' premiere in Frankfurt/Main on January 16. Go here for ticket details.
- Chris Wyatt at Cinescape has reviewed 'The Brave and the Bold, Book 2.' Here's an excerpt from the review:
There was a time when TREK novels were lifeless...then Peter David came along and brought them to a new level. In recent years the novels have been up and down, with some decent entries, but also some major crap getting into the system. DeCandido is like the second coming of Peter David. He knows the characters so well, and expands them so perfectly that it will be a shame if he never writes for on-screen TREK.
The book was awarded an A minus grade in the complete analysis.
- Randy A. Salas at the Star Tribune has included the Next Generation DVD sets in the 'Best of TV' section in his look at DVDs in 2002. Thanks to 'Enterpriser' for this!
- SciFi Dimensions has posted a review of William Shatner's (James T. Kirk) 'Spplat Attack', and is also giving away a copy of the DVD.
- A new article at SyFy Portal looks at the top newsmakers in science fiction and fantasy in 2002.
- Deep Space Nine guest actor Ken Tobey (Rurigan in 'Shadowplay') passed away last month, according to StarTrek.com. Our condolences to his family and friends.
- Reviews of Ron Moore's Battlestar Galactica script are up at FilmJerk and BattlestarGalactica.com. Thanks to 'Beth' and Dark Horizons for this!