DVD NewsBy Michelle
November 2, 2004 - 11:34 PM
- The R2 Project has a release date and list of special features for the original series' Star Trek: The Complete Third Season on DVD in Region 2. The set is due on December 6th, 2004, and will include one of the final interviews ever given by James Doohan (Scotty). The European set will include a special on "Collectible Trek" not in the US generic release, a featurette on Star Trek memorabilia and merchandise that contains a new interview with Leonard Nimoy. Other extras, which will be on the Region 1 and Region 2 DVD sets, include features on Doohan, Walter Koenig (Chekov) and George Takei (Sulu), plus items on the timeless popularity of the series including new interviews with most of the living cast members.
- The R2 Project is also reporting that Play.com has published release dates for Star Trek: Enterprise on DVD in Europe next year. Season one is expected to be released on May 9th, followed by season two on June 6th, season three on August 1st and season four on October 3rd.
- And The R2 Project notes that the two-disc special edition of Star Trek: Generations will be released on Region 2 DVD on December 20th of this year.
- Digitally Obsessed has a new review of Star Trek: The Complete Second Season, awarding the set an average grade of A- and praises the transfer, despite regret about the loss of the original monural soundtrack. "If you only want one Star Trek set...this is the one to buy," the review stated.
- The Complete Second Season has been reviewed as well at DVD Town, where Yunda Eddie Feng said that the video transfers "aren't very good" but the audio is, giving the set a 7 out of 10 average rating.
- And finally Feng reviewed the fifth season of Star Trek: Voyager on DVD at DVD Town, admitting a bias toward the character of Harry Kim whom he felt had his best year during the fifth season and praising the look of the show. This DVD set earned an average 7 out of 10 rating as well.Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.