Site ColumnsBy Caillan
February 1, 2002 - 2:32 PM
HBO seems to have come up with the ultimate reality series - Candidate 2012, which will focus on the trials and tribulations of running an American Presidential campaign. Whew.
Then again, perhaps it's not the 'ultimate' reality series. I mean, there's always 'The Truman Show.'
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
- Which Trek moments had you cheering?
- Which was the best DS9 season opener?
- What do you think of the Enterprise end theme?
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
These were some of the most important news items on February 1 2000:
- Final Ron Moore Interview
In the final installment of his seven-part interview with Anna L. Kaplan's, former Trek writer-producer Ronald D. Moore talked about his reasons for speaking out:
I'm sure some people will think I'm just out to grind an axe or to exact my revenge. If they want to believe that, fine. But I happen to think that there's virtue in speaking honestly and critically about STAR TREK if it's going to continue to surviveor at least if it`s going to survive in a form that's thought-provoking and meaningful. I love STAR TREK.
- 'Andromeda' Lead Name Change
Kevin Sorbo told fans at a Hercules convention that the name of his Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda character was now 'Dylan Shepherd.' However, the starship captain was eventually named Dylan Hunt. Further information on the series is available at our sister site, Slipstream Web.
More news can be found in the archives.
Today's Television Listings
- TNN will be showing TNG's 'Suddenly Human' at 8:00pm Eastern Time, 'A Fistful of Datas' at 9:00pm, 'Second Chances' at 10:00pm and 'New Ground' at 11:00pm.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series's 'Dagger of the Mind' at 10:00am, repeated at 2:00pm, TNG's 'Data's Day' at 3:00pm, DS9's 'Necessary Evil' at 4:00pm and Voyager's 'Innocence' at 5:00pm, repeated at 10:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing Voyager's 'Future's End' at 17:00 GMT, repeated at 00:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Germany, Sat.1 will be showing Voyager's 'Ein natürliches Gesetz' ('Natural Law') at 20:15 CET.
- In the Netherlands, Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!
- In Australia, TV1 will be showing the Original Series's 'The Man Trap' at 00:00. Thanks go out to Sci-Fi TV Schedules International!
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- TNN will be showing 'Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan' at 2:00pm Eastern Time and 'Star Trek III: The Search for Spock' at 4:30pm.
- We are unable to provide you with the Canadian TV listings due to an error with the Space! web site.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing TNG's 'Skin of Evil' at 14:00 GMT, 'We'll Always Have Paris' at 15:00, 'Conspiracy' at 16:00 and Voyager's 'Warlord' at 17:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!