As reported back in July, Star Trek Online: Awakening is now live on PC, with a PlayStation4/Xbox One release set for October 15. More details on new features were also released.
“During Age of Discovery, players were introduced to J’Ula, sister of T’Kuvma and matriarch of the Klingon House of Mo’Kai. This savage leader waged a war against the Federation of Planets at Starbase 1 and inadvertently transported both fleets to the year 2410, using stolen Mycelial spore technology. It is now up to Star Trek Online‘s bravest captains to track down J’Ula and ensure that she doesn’t corrupt the entire Mycelial Network. In order to accomplish this mission, players will require the expertise of an astromycologist, a hologram of the legendary Lieutenant Commander Paul Stamets from the U.S.S. Discovery (voiced by Anthony Rapp). Under his guidance, captains will navigate their way through the elaborate Mycelial Network to reverse the damage caused by the Klingons and face off against another fungal based enemy who has returned – the Elachi.
“These events all take place in a brand new featured episode and across five added patrols for Star Trek Online: Awakening. Today’s PC update also introduces an exciting new TFO, a limited-time Mycelial Event that allows players to earn the new T6 Elachi ship, and revamped UI/Systems updates. A full list of features now available with Awakening include:
- Brand New Featured Episode – Captains hailing from all of the game’s factions can participate in the new featured episode Beneath the Skin. Players will depend on a hologram of Commander Paul Stamets from the U.S.S Discovery to safely guide them through the Mycelial Network.”
- Five New Patrols – Players can embark on a mission with Stamets and Star Trek Online luminaries like Lukari Captain Kuumaarke to close the rifts caused by the Klingons.
- New Task Force Operation – Up to five players can participate in this special ground TFO against the Elachi, which tasks them with shutting down probes that threaten to destroy the Mycelial Network.
- Mycelial Event – Captains who participate in this special event can earn the new T6 Elachi ship by playing through the new featured episode, patrols and TFO throughout the next month.
- New Event UI – The dev team has revamped the Event UI to make it easier for players to access new special events.
- Patrol Systems – A new tab has been added to the PvE system, which allows captains to immediately enter selected patrols and gain bonus rewards.
- New Starships – In just two weeks, players will be able to purchase the new Cross Faction Intel Science Bundle, which includes the Klingon Balth and the U.S.S. Somerville, a starship first introduced in the Star Trek Comics from IDW Publishing.
Source: Press Release