QMx has announced the latest in their Master Series articulated figure line; the Star Trek: TOS Scotty 1:6 Scale Articulated Figure. Scotty follows the release of Kirk, Spock, and McCoy figures.
“More commonly known as Scotty, Lt. Commander Scott was the chief engineer for the starship Enterprise‘s five-year mission. This 1:6-scale figure re-creates this iconic character in exquisite detail. Standing approximately twelve inches tall, every element, from his 23rd century tunic to his custom black boots, is authentically reproduced. The original portrait sculpt of James Doohan as Scotty has an authentic, hand-painted likeness.”
The QMx Scotty 1:6 Scale Articulated Figure includes:
- Fully Articulated Body: More than thirty points of articulation allows the figure to be displayed in multiple dynamic poses, approximately thirty cm tall.
- Realistic Portrait: Faithfully rendered by a top artist, this is a realistic portrait of Scotty with a detailed likeness. Each head sculpt is specially hand-painted.
- Starfleet Duty Uniform Tunic: Meticulously researched, this duty uniform tunic matches the pattern, fabric and color of the original costume down to the last stitch. The sleeves are trimmed with accurate and detailed braid insignia.
- Starfleet Standard-Issue Black T-Shirt: This regulation black tee is worn under the tunic.
- Starfleet Duty Uniform Pants: This faithful replica of the pants worn by the Enterprise crew in Star Trek: TOS features the characteristic bell-shaped leg. Magnets sewn into the pants allow the magnetic phaser and communicator to be worn as they were in the show.
- Boots: Using leather-like material cut in the original style of the footwear worn in Star Trek: TOS, these boots zip up on the inside.
- Starfleet Delta Insignia Display Base: A custom display base featuring the familiar Star Trek delta symbol will hold up the figure and allow more extreme poses.
- “Phasers Type I & Type II: The pistol-grip type II phaser is the weapon of choice for any landing party expecting hostile aliens. The smaller Type I phaser can be removed and used separately. Both have magnets allowing them to be worn directly on the pants as they were in the third season.
- Communicator: This accurately styled communicator features a real metal flip-up antenna. Includes a magnet so it can attach to the pants.
- Tricorder: This replica rotates open at the top and has an opening front door. Scotty can wear the tricorder over his shoulder with the leather-like strap.
- Hands: A little-known fact is that the actor, James Doohan, served in the Canadian military during WWII and lost a finger off his right hand. Technically the character didn’t have a missing finger, and it was mostly hidden on the show. To honor the actor, we’ve included one hand that shows the loss of a digit.
Here are the hands included with the Scotty figure:
- Relaxed hands (with middle finger missing on the right hand).
- Right Phaser Hand: Perfectly holds the pistol grip Phaser II.
- Right Phaser Hand: for holding the small Phaser I.
- Left Accessory Hand: Holds the communicator or tricorder.
“This fine collectible figure is a perfect rendition of everyone’s favorite ‘miracle worker’ and a great addition to your Star Trek 1:6-scale figure collection.”
The Scotty 1:6 scale figure will cost $179.95. To get on the wait list for the it, head to the link located here.
Click on thumbnails to see larger images.