The 70th Annual Emmy Award nominations have been announced and Star Trek: Discovery has received two nominations.
The first nomination was for Outstanding Prosthetic Makeup for a Series, Limited Series, Movie or Special. The nomination was for the makeup/prosthetics team’s work in the Season One finale, Will You Take My Hand?.
Those on the team include:
- Glenn Hetrick, Special Makeup Effects Department Head
- James Mackinnon, Special Makeup Effects Department Head
- Hugo Villasenor, Special Makeup Effects Artist
- Rocky Faulkner, Special Makeup Effects Artist
- Chris Bridges, Additional Makeup Effects Artist
- Shane Zander, Additional Makeup Effects Artist
- Neville Page, Prosthetic Designer
- Michael O’Brien, Prosthetic Designer
Star Trek: Discovery‘s competitors in the category are: American Horror Story: Cult, Game of Thrones, The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story, and Westworld.
The other Emmy nomination was for Outstanding Sound Editing for A Comedy or Drama (One Hour) for the What’s Past Is Prologue episode.
Those on the sound team include:
- Jon Mete, Supervising Sound Editor
- Tim Farrell, Sound Designer
- Chris Assells, Sound Editor
- Matt Taylor, ADR Editor
- T. Ashley Harvey, Dialogue Editor
- Angelo Palazzo, Sound Effects Editor
- Peter D. Lago, MPSE, Sound Effects Editor
- Chris Scarabosio, Sound Effects Editor
- Matt Decker, Music Editor
- Trevor Sperry, Foley Artist
- Ale Ulrich, Foley Artist
Eagle-eyed fans will notice the name of one of the members; one familiar from an original series episode!
Discovery‘s competitors for the award are: Game of Thrones, Homeland, Stranger Things, and Westworld.
The 70th Annual Emmy Awards ceremony will take place on Monday, September 17, at 8:00 PM on NBC.
Source: The Emmys