On November 24, CherryTree will open its new Borg Cube VR virtual reality-capable gaming system for pre-orders. The game will be shipped in mid-December.
“Being avid fans of the Star Trek franchise and being passionate about creating exciting technology integrations, we created a line of ‘Borg Cube’ computers,” said Warren Brown, CTO of CherryTree.
“These powerful, compact computers can be used as the centerpiece of a home theater, media center or as your everyday PC. They are true to the detail of the Borg ship, the transportation of choice of the most-intimidating and ruthless villain of the TNG universe, something any true Star Trek fan can appreciate.”
The specifications for Borg Cube VR are as follows:
- Officially licensed Star Trek product
- Limited Edition – 359 pieces
- Micro-Computer. Measures only 6″x6″x6″
- Mini STX mainboard
- Configurable up to 7th Gen Intel Core i7 -7700K quad-core 4.2GHz CPU
- Configurable up to 32 GB of DDR4 RAM – 2x faster than DDR3
- M.2 2280 SSD configurable up to 2 TB
- Secondary 2.5″ SSD available up to 4 TB
- Supports Windows 10 or Linux
- USB 3.0, USB 3.1 Type-C
- Includes Keyboard & Mouse
- Assembled in USA. Case made in USA
Cost for the Borg Cube VR will be $1,599.00. For more information, head to the link located here.