Season Fourteen of Star Trek Online, featuring LeVar Burton, is now available for PC players.
In the next major update to the one hundred percent free-to-play Star Trek MMORPG, players explore a vast new colony world with legendary Starfleet Captain Geordi La Forge, voiced by LeVar Burton from Star Trek: The Next Generation. Captains can also look forward to the brand-new featured episode Melting Pot, a new colony-based Fleet Holding with five full tiers of leveling, a Tzenkethi Red Alert, two Fleet Holding defense queues, a special fleet-driven colony defense event and a new Primary Specialization called Miracle Worker.”
“Season 14 – Emergence opens with the new featured episode Melting Pot, continuing the story of the intensifying war with the Tzenkethi. Captains journey to the Dranuur Colony in the Alpha Quadrant. This brand-new colony world was established by the Kentari and Lukari, who recently joined forces to protect their ancient homeworld from the Tzenkethi. Lukari Captain Kuumaarke (voiced by Kipleigh Brown) and Captain Geordi La Forge (played by LeVar Burton) lead players on a mission to explore the new colony and see the newfound collaborative spirit between the Kentari and Lukari. While the tour and the colony look to be progressing well, the Tzenkethi may have other plans for this world!
“Season 14 – Emergence also features a brand-new Fleet Holding built on the Kentari and Lukari’s new joint homeworld, a Tzenkethi Red Alert, two new Fleet Holding defense queues, a Fleet Holding Defense Event, and a new Primary Specialization. A full list of gameplay features introduced with this update includes:”
- New Featured Episode – In the new episode Melting Pot, players beam down to the new Lukari-Kentari home planet to meet with Captain Kuumaarke and Captain Geordi La Forge. Things escalate quickly when Tzenkethi forces show up unexpectedly.
- New Fleet Holding – Players can now build a full-scale Fleet Holding on the joint colony that the Lukari and Kentari call home. This is the first Holding since Starbases to feature five full tiers of progression with rewards and the largest Fleet Holding location ever for players to explore.
- New Primary Specialization and Bridge Officer Class – Following in the footsteps of Geordi La Forge, the new Miracle Worker Primary Specialization allows captains to excel in engineering abilities, such as weapon enhancement and healing. They can also train their bridge officers to do the same.
- Colony Defense Event – Fleets can summon holographic foes as they train to defend their colony world and earn rewards for themselves and to progress their new Fleet Holding.
- Fleet Holding Defense Queues – The new colony world is home to two defense queues against Tzenkethi forces – one on ground and one in space.
- Tzenkethi Red Alert – Captains can team up to destroy the Tzenkethi in this space-based, 5-player queue held in the Alpha Quadrant.
Source: Press Release