Star Trek Online: Season 13 – Escalation is now available on PC and will be released on Xbox One and PlayStation4 at a later date.
“The latest season introduces brand new episodic content and gameplay features to the of the one hundred percent free-to-play MMORPG based on iconic Star Trek franchise. This includes a new featured episode continuing the Tzenkethi War story arc, improvements to matchmaking, class-specific set gear and the new War Games system, which allows players to team up in competitive PvE scenarios. To celebrate the launch of Season 13 – Escalation, Star Trek Online is offering captains the chance to win a six-day Star Trek cruise across the Atlantic, plus every starship currently available in the C-Store for the PC version of the game.
“The war against the Tzenkethi rages on with the arrival of Season 13 – Escalation. The Lukari are on a journey to rediscover their ancient home world and the secrets it contains, though an unexpected intervention by the Tzenkethi may put a damper on their homecoming. Political intrigue, exploring a bustling city and fantastic action set pieces all take place in the latest featured episode, Mirrors and Smoke, which is available now with today’s PC update.
Season 13 – Escalation also marks the debut of War Games. This new system offers Star Trek Online captains new ways to compete with one another by pitting two teams of five players against each other in competitive PvE scenarios. Players join forces to solve puzzles and race through the galaxy earning valuable rewards, including class-specific ships. To optimize this new type of queue, a new Player Potential System has also been introduced to match players of similar skill. Learn more about these features and other content introduced with Season 13 below:”
- New Featured Episode – In the new episode, Mirrors and Smoke, captains will travel with the Lukari to New Kentar and defend the planet from the Tzenkethi.
- War Games System – Season 13 marks the debut of War Games, new competitive PvE scenarios which pit two teams of five players against each other for rewards. Core Assault – a space-based 5v5 Convergence-class scenario, where two flights of captains compete to cross the finish line in a space station based in the Adelphous System and Binary Circuit and Binary Circuit – a ground-based 5v5 Gauntlet-class scenario where captains will solve puzzles and complete various challenges in a Borg Co-operative Cube.
- Rebalance Pass – A full rebalance pass has been made to ground and space combat to ensure that no matter what choice captains make when outfitting their skills or ship, it isn’t a wrong one.
- Player Potential System – Matchmaking for Star Trek Online has been improved with the new Player Potential System, which evaluates players based on various factors, such as their characters’ equipment, specialization and participation in competitive matches.
- New Reputation – Captains who participate in Season 13‘s War Games queues will be rewarded with new Competitive Marks and Assessed Stratagems. The marquee rewards from this set feature class-specific set gear for the first time ever in Star Trek Online. Captains can choose to equip any of these three sets for their starships, and mix and match the individual sets as they see fit.
“Captains can celebrate the release of Season 13: Escalation by entering a contest to win a six-day cruise across the Atlantic. From now through May 5, players can visit the Star Trek Online blog to participate in this sweepstakes (http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10471343). One winner will be selected to receive an ocean-view cabin for two on Star Trek: The Cruise II, a six-day voyage hosted by George Takei and other Star Trek actors. In addition, the winner will be granted every starship currently available in the C-Store of Star Trek Online‘s PC version. For more information on Star Trek: The Cruise II, please visit http://www.startrekthecruise.com/.”
So about those codes. TrekToday has five codes to unlock the 26th Century Heavy Dreadnought and Mirror Universe Danube-Class Runabout, as well as one hundred codes for the M.U. Danube-Class Runabout (Federation only). Those wishing to enter should email me at TBonzwebsites@gmail.com by Sunday night at midnight Eastern time. Put “Code Giveaway” or something similar in the title please. Winners will be chosen and announced by midweek next week (the five Dreadnought winners will probably be announced on Monday, with the one hundred others to be followed by midweek. (Edit: website link fixed. Sorry!)
Source: Press Release