For fans waiting for the second season of the Star Trek: The Next Generation on Blu-ray, the set will be out by the end of the year.
The five-disc set of hi-def episodes will hit stores on December 4.
“Set in the 24th century, the exploits of the U.S.S. Enterprise continue as it explores the universe, seeking new life and new worlds. The second season featuring all twenty-two second season episodes, brilliantly re-transferred from original film elements into Hi-Def. Amazing visual effects, painstakingly re-created from original film elements.”
As mentioned previously, the set will include “the extremely rare extended version of fan favorite episode, The Measure of a Man.”
Bonus material will include:
- Gag reel
- Archival Mission Log: Departmental Briefing Year 2: Production (SD) featurette
- Audio Commentary with Dan Curry, Don Berman and Mike Okuda
- Audio Commentary with Melinda Snodgrass and Robert Scheerer
- Reunification: 25 Years After The Next Generation (HD) featurette
- The Measure of a Man (HD Extended Version)
- The Measure of a Man (Hybrid Extended Version)
- Archival Mission Log: Inside Starfleet Archives: Penny Juday – Star Trek Coordinator (SD) featurette
- Making It So: Continuing The Next Generation (HD)
- Archival Mission Log: Selected Crew Analysis Year 2 (SD)
- Archival Mission Log: Mission Overview Year 2 (SD)
- Archival Mission Log: Departmental Analysis Year 2: Memorable Missions (SD)
The set has a SRP of $129.99, and is currently available for pre-order at Amazon for $90.99.
Source: TV Shows on DVD