The full list of Star Trek books for 2011 is available in Star Trek Magazine, which hits newsstands next week.
Courtesy of TrekMovie.com, eager readers can see now what will be published next year.
The list of 2011 Star Trek books is as follows. All dates are “TrekMovie estimated street dates, Pocket official dates as seen in STM are one month later.”
- Star Trek: New Frontier: Blind Man’s Bluff by Peter David.
Excalibur crew follow-up to David’s Treason.
- Star Trek: Starfleet Academy – The Competitive Edge by Rudy Josephs.
Young adult novel set at the Academy during the events of Star Trek XI.
- Star Trek: Typhon Pact: Paths of Disharmony by Dayton Ward.
The fourth Typhon Pact series novel focuses on Picard and the crew of the Enterprise-E dealing with “the survival of the Andorian civilization hanging in the balance”.
- Star Trek Enterprise: Romulan War: Beneath the Raptor’s Wings by Michael A. Martin.
Mass market reprint of the first novel in the Romulan War series from 2009.
- Star Trek: Indistinguishable From Magic by David A. McIntee.
Novel set after last Typhon Pact novel focusing on Geordi, Scotty, Nog and Guinan exploring a “technological mystery.”
- Star Trek: DTI: Watching The Clock by Christopher L. Bennett.
First novel-length story of the Federation Department of Temporal Investigations, will “explore numerous facets of department’s responsibilities” (primarily set between Destiny and Typhon Pact series).
- Star Trek Voyager: Children of The Storm by Kirsten Beyer.
Following on from her 2009 Voyager novels Full Circle and Unworthy, Beyer takes the Voyager fleet deeper into the Delta Quadrant to deal with “the Children of the Storm, a powerful and extremely xenophobic species.”
- Star Trek Vanguard – Declassified by Dayton Ward, David Mack, Kevin Dilmore, and Marco Palmieri.
Four novellas spanning the length Vanguard saga “with revelations that set the stage for subsequent books.”
- Star Trek: A Choice of Catastrophes by Steve Mollmann and Michael Schuster.
An original Star Trek-era novel focusing on Dr. McCoy who finds “the past catching up with him”, while Kirk and Spock explore a planet “not as abandoned as it seemed”.
- Star Trek New Frontier: Blind Man’s Bluff (reprint) by Peter David.
Mass market reprint of the January novel.
- Star Trek: Cast No Shadow by James Swallow.
Novel set after Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country, dealing with terrorists trying to destroy the Khitomer accords, where a Starfleet Intelligence operative must join forces with the disgraced Valeris.
- Star Trek Enterprise: Romulan War: In Shariel’s Jaws by Michael A. Martin.
Second novel of the Romulan War depicts the conflict from multiple viewpoints and “delves into ancient Vulcan mythology.”
- Untitled Vanguard novel #6 by Dayton Ward and Kevin Dilmore.
Follows on from the Declassified novella collection with Starbase 47 dealing with threats from Klingons and Tholians.
- Star Trek Mirror Universe: Rise Like Lions by David Mack.
Climax to Mirror Universe story David Mack started in Glass Empires, this novel deals with the final stages of Emperor Spock’s bold plan for the Empire.