RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

TrekToday title image

TrekToday - Bakula Optimistic About Season Four

Bakula Optimistic About Season Four

By Michelle
August 31, 2004 - 8:35 PM

Scott Bakula (Captain Archer) said in an interview that while he had no advance information about Star Trek: Enterprise's fate prior to the show's renewal last spring, he never really believed that it would be cancelled after only three seasons.

Speaking to Starburst Magazine (via TrekWeb), Bakula said that he had spoken with both the head of Paramount Television and with Star Trek executive producer Rick Berman about what Enterprise meant to UPN, though he was aware that Viacom's Les Moonves could have cancelled the series.

"If Les says we're gone, we're gone. But, happily, he didn't. So we get to go again, and they're trying a lot of new things," explained the actor.

Though some have worried that Enterprise's new Friday night air time might further erode its ratings, Bakula reiterated a previously stated belief that, like Miami Vice, the Star Trek series may find an audience then. He also dismissed concerns about the cut in the price per episode, saying that because the series now shoots digitally, they can achieve "very, very good quality" for less money.

The full interview is in Starburst, now on newsstands. These excerpts are from TrekWeb.

Discuss this news item at Trek BBS!
XML Add TrekToday RSS feed to your news reader or My Yahoo!
Also a CSI: Crime Scene Investigation fan? Then visit CSIFiles.com!

Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.