News BulletsBy Lisa
August 31, 2001 - 12:31 PM
- Following a one-day sickout by the supporting cast of Becker, the five are now suing Paramount Network Television for breach of contract. The cast, which includes former Deep Space Nine actress Terry Farrell (Jadzia Dax), claim that the studio reneged on a written agreement to give them a raise. More details can be found in this article at Zap2it. Thanks to Koval for this!
- Sad news this week: SyFy Portal is reporting that Oscar-award winning makeup artist John Chambers died last Saturday. Chambers is best known to Trek fans as the man who created Spock's famous rubber Vulcan ears.
- Also on SyFy Portal is a report based on LeVar Burton's appearance on Larry King Live on Wednesday night. Burton and his mother Emma Christian made the appearance on the show to encourage people to become organ donors, as Burton recently donated a kidney to his mother. "It's my mom. I mean, there was no other choice to make. It's my mom. And, you know, I think most people out there would do the same thing, faced with the same choice to make," Burton said.
- According to promos shown on Canadian channel Space, Enterprise will air on the channel on Sunday 30th September. Thanks go out to Steve Feek for this news!
- The Official Jeri Ryan Homepage has several screen captures from and links to the new Boston Public second season promo. The promo features the first appearance of Jeri Ryan (Seven of Nine) in her new role on the show. Follow this link to find more details.
- Star Trek.com reports that this year's 'Galaxy Ball' hosted by Robert Beltran and featuring several members of the Voyager cast as guests, will also be attended by Patrick Stewart (Jean-Luc Picard). More details about the event, including booking information, can be found by following this link.
- Several mirrors for the latest Enterprise promo videos are now online. The first can be found here at Treknews.de, and another is online here at www.startrekarchiv.com. Section 31 also has links to several mirrors.
- Darkening has a scan of a small article on the Enterprise that appeared in British newspaper 'The Daily Mail.'
- Psi Phi's Books Database has been updated with a spoiler-filled review of the fourth Gateways novel, 'Demons of Air and Darkness' by Keith R.A. DeCandido.
- Jacqueline Bundy reviewed the third 'Gateways' novel, 'Doors Into Chaos,' here at the Trekker Newsletter.
- Trekiverse the largest archive of Star Trek fanfiction online, recieved another update at the weekend. Many more stories are now listed in the paring section, with more to come soon.
- The latest Top Ten list over at About.com's Star Trek Fans deals with Star Trek riddles. The selection includes:
Why didn't Sisko come back to Starfleet at the end of DS9?
He realized it was a non-prophet organization.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.