News BulletsBy Christian
August 31, 2000 - 11:17 PM
- Yesterday's rerun of Voyager's 'Live Fast and Prosper' earned UPN a 2.9 rating / 4 share, up again from last week's Survivor-hindered 2.0/3. The season finale of the WB summer series 'Young Americans' scored a 3.1/5 (up from 1.9/3), which makes it only the second time the series beat a Voyager rerun. Young Americans' high ratings were likely caused by 'Big Brother', contending for the same demographic, airing at a different time.
- And O.Deus at TrekWeb has put up his summer rerun review of 'Live Fast and Prosper', dealing especially with this show's introspective nature.
- Marcus Sheppard, a member of Decipher's European marketing team, has updated the official site with the schedule of its September Swing Tour in the United Kingdom, during which they will be demonstrating their latest products.
- Issue 60 of the British Cult Times Magazine contains a review of Voyager's season six and an outlook at season seven, both written by Ian Spelling. Thanks go out to Gustavo Leao for this!
- Available at the Cynics Corner is now also the German translation of David E. Sluss' review of DS9's 'Sons and Daughters' (Söhne und Töchter).
- At the Official Robert Beltran Homepage several photos have been added to the report of the appearance by Robert Beltran (Chakotay) at a con in Norwich.
- Joel Garreau at the Washington Post has written an article on our dependency on computers, and how we're becoming more like the Borg.
- A new edition of Michelle Erica Green's Hailing Frequencies column is available at Another Universe, containing the usual news and rumour summary, as well as a review of the New Frontier novel 'Excalibur: Requiem'.
- Albert L. Ortega at the Mothership has posted the final report from last month's Comic-Con in San Diego, featuring several photos of Trek fans in costume.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.