News BulletsBy Michelle
July 31, 2005 - 4:10 PM
- Canada's Space channel will air a tribute to James Doohan (Scotty) this weekend with five episodes of the original Star Trek, according to Canada.com.
- Patrick Stewart (Picard) appears in tonight's rerun episode of American Dad on FOX, notes The PSN.
- SideStep is having a sweepstakes to win a trip to London to meet Stewart and win two Sony PSPs and $15,000.
- The German Star Trek Index has announced additional guests for the Galileo 7 convention, while the convention itself has announced that fans can obtained autographed personal photos with William Shatner (Kirk) at the convention if ordered in advance.
- Shatner called Doohan a "very creative man who wasn't given full honour" while talking to reporters about his series Boston Legal, notes Jam.
- Christopher Sayour, a veteran stunt performer who worked on Star Trek Nemesis, is in serious condition after a nearly 40-foot fall from a tower performing a stunt for Smallville, The Miami Herald reported. USA Today carried the story as well.
- The official Tim Russ Web Page reports that Voyager's Tuvok plays the voice of the "Lone Gunslinger Vulture" in Ice Age 2.
- Sid City reports that East West Woman will feature an interview with Alexander Siddig (Bashir) in their upcoming September/October issue, due on newsstands September 6.
- Sev Trek reveals the winning punchline of its Scotty "miracle worker" cartoon. A Voyager cartoon about the Doctor and Seven has been captioned as well, here.
- Star Trek: The Next Generation writer Brian Alan Lane has joined the faculty of California State University, Long Beach where he teaches in the Film and Electronic Arts Department.
- VRRRM has new video clips of former Trek exec Brannon Braga discussing Threshold at ComicCon.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.