Optical Data Network BulletsBy Christian
July 31, 2000 - 11:32 PM
Editor Adam Bailey has sent out issue 108 of the Optical Data Network, the regularly appearing Star Trek newsletter. As usual, there are quite a few news items in it which I missed the first time around for TrekToday. Here's a summary:
- UBUBU, the ridiculously named site Patrick Stewart (Jean-Luc Picard) is spokesman for, launched earlier this month. The site provides next generation desktop/web interfaces.
- Walter Koenig (Pavel Chekov) stars in a new independent film, Drawing Down The Moon. The action-adventure film about a witch who opens a
homeless shelter is now available on video.
- George Takei (Hikaru Sulu) will lend his voice talents to an upcoming episode of 'Baby Blues', the new WB animated series that debuted this past Friday.
- Takei can also be heard as the narrator of 'Alien Oceans: The Voyage To Dharmok's Gate', which opened in June at the Houston Museum of Natural Science's Burke Baker Planetarium.
- George Magazine has the complete interview with Patrick Stewart (Jean-Luc Picard) that was reported about earlier, in which he criticised the United States.
- A review by Kevin Wagner of the 'Star Trek Experience' in Las Vegas can be found here in the Sci Fi Guys Newsletter.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.