News BulletsBy Caillan
May 31, 2003 - 5:07 AM
- Kate Mulgrew (Kathryn Janeway) has won the Broadway.com audience award for Favourite Solo Performance in Tea At Five. Further details are available at StarTrek.com.
- Enterprise ranks number two on the Lycos list of the "top ten TV shows that are more popular online than in the Nielsens". The number one show was the WB's Charmed. Thanks to TrekWeb for this!
- Patrick Stewart (Jean-Luc Picard) will be giving a masterclass a the Theatre Royal Haymarket on Thursday, June 26. Thanks to the Patrick Stewart Network for this!
- Jamahl Epsicokhan has posted his review of "The Expanse" at Star Trek Hypertext, giving the episode a score of 3 out of 4 stars. Here's an excerpt from his review:
This is a strong season-ender with some promising elements and a notable dose of true feelings, but it also represents an extreme shift in the Trek universe that the writers will likely have to approach with a certain restraint and caution.
Read more at this page.
- Trek Ar reported a special charity screening of Star Trek Nemesis will be held in Argentina at 4:00 p.m. on June 7. The event will take place at the Aula Magna Pabellon II of Ciudad Universitaria in Buenos Aires, with attendees required to bring clothes, food or antibiotics to be donated to charity in addition to the price of a ticket. Thanks to 'Gul Darhe'el' from Cardassia.com.ar.
- An Extra feature on Enterprise which aired in October, 2001, can now be downloaded from Bakula Games. Thanks to 'Miri' for this!
- StarFleet has posted a report on one of the new UK Big Brother housemates, who some think looks like Data from Star Trek: The Next Generation.