News BulletsBy Caillan
May 31, 2002 - 4:31 PM
- George Takei's (Hikaru Sulu) mother, Fumiko Emily Takei, passed away on May 25. In lieu of flowers, the family requests that donations be made to the Japanese American National Museum, 369 East First Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012. We extend our condolences to the Takei family at this difficult time. An obiturary can be found here. Thanks to James Harris for this.
- Several Star Trek alumni will be chatting at Roddenberry.com in the next few weeks. TOS/TNG Producer Bob Justman is scheduled for 3:00pm PST on June 1, followed by Walter Koenig (Pavel Chekov) on June 8 and DS9 writer and Andromeda developer Robert Hewitt Wolfe on June 15. Thanks to Shaun Aki for this!
- C.A. Voigts has posted her reviews of 'Desert Crossing' and 'Two Days and Two Nights' at the Starfleet Library, awarding both episodes a score of 3 out of 5.
- Ralph Mayrell at R! World recently uploaded his analysis of 'Shockwave.' "This episode is by far the best of the series as of yet, and it's great cliffhanger leaves you hoping for those two months to fly by," he said. "I have no complaints about this episode, and recommend it to everyone who has forsaken Trek as a dying breed." Read the full article here.
- A round-up of Trek book news for June can be found at the Trekker Newsletter.
- The official rules for the 'Strange New Worlds VI' anthology are up at Psi Phi.
- Chris Wyatt at Cinescape recently reviewed the novel 'In The Name Of Honor' by Dayton Ward. "The novel is definitely one of the cream of the TV tie-in crop from a promising author who clearly is passionate about the franchise," he said. "It can be recommended to any fan of Trek novels, and to fans of Trek in general." The book was awarded a B plus in the full review.
- Airings of Enterprise in Romania have been rescheduled; it will now be shown at 21:00 CET on Fridays, with repeats on Saturdays at 16:00. Thanks to Csere Mihaly for this!
- A German review of the TNG season two DVD set is available here at the Daily Trekker.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.