Site ColumnsBy Caillan
November 30, 2001 - 11:23 AM
'Inspector Gadget 2' is filming in Brisbane! At my university! Obviously, they waited until the end of semester to start filming, because they didn't want groups of gawking students hanging around. The main building, a beautiful sandstone structure, is doubling as the Riverton police station. It'll be cool to see the film (even though it won't be a patch on the cartoon series) just to catch a glimpse of locations around the city.
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
- Should Enterprise do 3 or 4-part episodes?
- Has your morality been shaped by Star Trek in any way?
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
These were some of the major news items on November 30, 1999:
- Pittsburgh Paper Interviews Braga
Voyager executive producer Brannon Braga talked about his plans for Series V. "It's very different, but it captures the essence of 'Star Trek,'" he said. "We both feel we have to recapture the excitement of the original series, and at the same time push 'Star Trek' forward a little bit in terms of tone and storytelling so that its not just another 'Star Trek.'" The new series turned out to be Enterprise, which has just ended its first set of first-run episodes.
- Trek 3rd In AOL Poll
In an AOL poll to find the 'Best TV Show of the 20th Century,' Star Trek scored 3rd place, behind The Simpsons and M*A*S*H.
More news can be found in the archives.
Today's Television Listings
- TNN will be showing will be showing the Next Generation episodes 'Contagion' at 8:00 p.m, 'Birthright (part 1 of 2)' at 9:00 p.m, 'Birthright (part 2 of 2)' at 10:00 p.m, and 'The Offspring' at 11:00 p.m, eastern time.
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series episode 'The Alternative Factor' at 6:00 p.m eastern time.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series episode ' The Trouble With Tribbles' at 10:00 a.m and 2:00 p.m eastern time, followed by TNG's 'Q Who?' at 3:00 p.m, DS9's 'Prodigal Daughter' at 4:00 p.m and Voyager's 'Q2' at 5:00 p.m.
- In the United Kingdom, E4 will show the Original Series episode 'The Menagerie' at 14:00 and 18:00 GMT. Sky One will show the Next Generation's 'Pre-emptive Strike' at 17:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Germany, Sat.1 will be showing the movie 'Star Trek: First Contact' at 20:15 ECT.
- In the Netherlands, RTL5 will show DS9's 'Blood Oath' at 18:00 ECT, while NET5 will show Voyager's 'Tuvix' at 18:30. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series's 'The Trouble With Tribbles' at 10:00am Eastern Time, TNG's 'Q Who?' at 11:00am, DS9's 'Prodigal Daughter' at 12:00pm, and Voyager's 'Q2' at 1:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing DS9's 'Rivals' at 14:00 GMT, DS9's 'The Alternate' at 15:00 and TNG's 'All Good Things' at 16:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Australia, TV1 will be showing the Original Series's 'And The Children Shall Lead' at 19:30, TNG's 'The Most Toys' at 20:30, Voyager's 'Lifesigns' at 21:30 and DS9's 'Emissary' at 22:30. Thanks go out to the Australian Babylon 5 & Star Trek air schedule.