Site ColumnsBy Caillan
August 30, 2001 - 1:13 PM
No magnum opus from me tonight, I'm afraid. Probably because I've only had between 3-4 hours sleep in the last 2 days, and I have to be up in another 6 or so.
The strange thing is though, that after a while, I don't feel explicitly tired anymore - just irritable, stressed and slightly hyper. I think I'll have to go and take something so that I'll actually be able to sleep.
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
- Will T'Pol use the Vulcan nerve pinch?
- What were the Breen's intentions during the Dominion War?
- What are the best Borg quotes?
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
These were some of the major news headlines on August 30, 1999:
- The Future Of Star Trek DVDs
Paramount Vice-President Jeffrey Radoycis talked about upcoming DVDs a new interview. Radoycis said that a DVD of 'Star Trek: The Motion Picture' would be out in 2000, as would TNG DVDs. As it turned out, however, the special Director's Edition TMP DVD won't be released until later this year, and the TNG sets not until 2002 at the earliest.
- Bob Blackman Chat Transcript
Costume designer Robert Blackman chatted about Seven of Nine's costume at the official Star Trek site. "What we do at Star Trek, is create fantasy," he said. "It is a complete world and yet completely unreal. Those garments/images that are considered sexist are usually considered without the character that wears them. If we thought for a second that 7 of 9 was flaunting her perfect body, it would be offensive. But she doesn't. She's a highly intelligent scientist. With a bod. It means nothing to her."
More news can be found in the archives.
Today's Television Listings
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing The Original Series's 'I, Mudd' at 5:00pm, Eastern Time.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing TNG's 'The Game' at 17:00 GMT, with a repeat at 00:00.
- In Germany, Sat.1 will be showing TNG's 'Die ungleichen Brüder' ('Brothers') at 16:00 CET.
- In the Netherlands, RTL5 will be showing DS9's 'What You Leave Behind, Part I' at 18:00 CET. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!
- In Australia, TV1 will be showing The Original Series's 'Shore Leave' at 11:30pm. Thanks go out to the Australian Babylon 5 & Star Trek air schedule
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing The Original Series's 'Metamorphosis' at 5:00pm Eastern Time.
- Unfortunately we are unable to bring you the Canadian TV listings due to a problem with the Space! web site.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing TNG's 'Unification' at 17:00 GMT, with a repeat at 00:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Germany, Sat.1 will be showing TNG's 'Endars Sohn' ('Suddenly Human') at 16:00 CET. Voyager's 'Zersplittert' ('Shattered') will be shown at 20:15.
- In the Netherlands, RTL5 will be showing DS9's 'What You Leave Behind, Part II' at 18:00 CET. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!