News BulletsBy Christian
June 30, 2000 - 11:28 PM
- Today's edition of the 'Jeopardy' game show featured a Trek question under the category 'TV Redux'. The answer given asked what race of small, furry creatures appeared in an episode of 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' and on the Jeopardy! Teen Tournament. The question was answered by a female contest as, 'Who are (the) tribbles?' Thanks go out to Lee Jamilkowski for this!
- TrekWeb has put up excerpts from an interview with Alan Ruck, talking about his role as Captain Harriman in 'Star Trek: Generations'. The interview first appeared in Starburst Special #23, so it's a few years old already, but still offers some interesting insights from Ruck on his character's backstory.
- Also new at TrekWeb is a review of Voyager's 'Spirit Folk', written by O.Deus, who isn't all that positive about yet another Holodeck story.
- Seven of Nine and Buffy's Anya are the first two contestants for the IGN Sci-Fi Championship Belt, in which two SF stars are compared each week. The feature contains a biography of Jeri Ryan (Seven), among other things. Thanks go out to the JLR for this!
- Francis K. Lalumiere at Decipher has put up a report of the first day of this year's DragonCon, where the Trek Customisable Card Game publisher was of course also present, organising a trivia game at its booth.
- Michelle Erica Green at AnotherUniverse has posted a new edition of her Hailing Frequencies column, containing a look at the most recent Rick Berman interview and a review of the 'Enterprise Logs' anthology, calling it "well worth reading, just a little jarring between the chapters."
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.