News BulletsBy Caillan
April 30, 2003 - 7:05 AM
- The official site for Patrick Stewart's (Jean-Luc Picard) new play, The Master Builder, is now open. Thanks to the Patrick Stewart Network for this!
- During Patrick Stewart's Biography episode, A&E ran a poll asking viewers to vote for their favourite Trek captain, but did not include Captain Benjamin Sisko. He was not included in the online poll either. If you wish to send feedback to A&E regarding the omission of Sisko, the network can be reached via this page. Thanks to Doug Wilson for this!
- Julia Houston at SciFi.About.com has posted the first part in a series of articles examining the Trek franchise. Here's an excerpt from the piece:
The time simply couldn't have been better for TNG when it premiered. Popular culture was going through a sort of revelation that Star Trek had become a cultural phenomenon -- and, being new, this phenomenon was actually considered cool. American audiences were actually hungry for new Star Trek material. The original cast was reuniting with great fanfare on the screen, and, after some floundering, TNG figured out that their best bet was to update the show without copying it. After two decades of reruns, Star Trek was fresh again, groundbreaking again.
Read more at About.com.
- Bernd Schneider at Ex Astris Scientia has uploaded his review of "The Breach". "The episode profits from the good plot, but even more from strong dialogue and actors' performances, especially of Scott Bakula and John Billingsley," he wrote. The episode scored 7 out of 10 in the full review.
- SyFy Portal's Michael Hinman has posted an editorial on the issue of whether Interstate 10 in El Paso should be named after Gene Roddenberry.
- StarTrek.com is giving fans the chance to win Star Trek Nemesis on DVD.
- The official Star Trek fan club is selling a plush Porthos toy for $12.95.