Site ColumnsBy Caillan
January 30, 2002 - 3:51 PM
The West Wing finally returns to Aussie shores next week - I can once again immerse myself in this fantastic show!
Come to think of it, Frasier is still running, Gilmore Girls is being shown twice a week and Enterprise debuts on February 9!
How long will this stunning combination of good television on Australian screens continue?
The West Wing will probably stay at its 10:30 timeslot, unless there's something important happening like the World Basket Weaving Championships. Frasier will end the week after next to be replaced by a very dodgy game show.
Gilmore Girls is showing twice a week, so they'll run out of new episodes soon. Enterprise will last about 8 episodes before moving to midnight, or worse, being scrapped completely until Summer (ie: December). Thus, I say my small screen happiness will not last much longer.
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
- Do you think Enterprise should have better scientific accuracy?
- Why does DS9 rotate?
- In Science Fiction & Fantasy: Are you a fan of 'Space Above and Beyond'?
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
These were some of the major news items on January 30 2000:
- Ebert Likes Jeri Ryan Indie
Noted film critic Roger Ebert called Jeri Ryan's (Seven of Nine) new film 'The Last Man' "a movie deserving of cult hit status."
- Cynical 'Virtuoso' Review
Reviewer David E. Sluss (aka The Cynic) wasn't too impressed with the Voyager episode 'Virtuoso.' "The National Association for the Advancement of Short People might be pleased with it," he said, "but it's hard to imagine that anyone else is." His review is still available to read here.
More news can be found in the archives.
Today's Television Listings
- At 8:00pm (7:00pm Central), UPN will be showing Enterprise's 'Sleeping Dogs'.
Here's how the official site describes the episode:
When Enterprise comes across a wounded Klingon vessel, T'Pol, Hoshi, and Reed take a shuttle pod down to investigate. There they are ambushed by a hostile female Klingon who hijacks the shuttle pod, leaving the Enterprise crewmembers dangerously stranded on the Klingon vessel. Now it is up to Archer to take the Klingon under guard and enlist her help in rescuing his crew.
More details can be found in the Trek Nation episode guide.
- TNN will be showing TNG's 'Family' at 8:00pm Eastern Time and 'A Matter of Time' at 11:30pm.
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing 'The Tholian Web' at 6:00pm Eastern Time.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series's 'What Are Little Girls Made Of?' at 10:00am Eastern Time, repeated at 2:00pm, TNG's 'Final Mission' at 3:00pm, DS9's 'Melora' at 4:00pm and Voyager's 'Investigations' at 5:00pm, repeated at 10:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing Voyager's 'Remember' at 17:00 GMT, repeated at 00:00. BBC2 will be showing TNG's 'Conspiracy' at 18:45. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Australia, TV1 will be showing TNG's 'The Best of Both Worlds, Part I' at 00:00. Channel 9 will be showing TNG's 'In Theory' at 02:00. Thanks go out to the Australian Babylon 5 & Star Trek air schedule!
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- TNN will be showing TNG's 'Brothers' at 8:00pm Eastern Time followed by 'The Game' at 11:00pm.
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series's 'Plato's Stepchildren' at 6:00pm Eastern Time.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series's 'Miri' at 10:00am Eastern Time repeated at 2:00pm, TNG's 'The Loss' at 3:00pm, DS9's 'Rules of Acquisition' at 4:00pm and Voyager's 'Deadlock' at 5:00pm, repeated at 10:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing Voyager's 'Future's End' at 17:00 GMT, repeated at 00:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Australia, TV1 will be showing the Original Series's 'The Cage' at 00:00. Thanks go out to Sci-Fi TV Schedules International!