Site ColumnsBy Caillan
December 29, 2001 - 2:09 PM
Without a doubt, my biggest Christmas day surprise was getting a new bike. I haven't had one for a good six years or so, and I'd forgotten how much fun riding was. Since it's so hot here at the moment, I'm having to go out early in the morning - it's no fun when you feel you're going to pass out two metres down the street because it's so hot.
Despite spending obscene amounts of money over the past month, I succumbed to the sales today and bought the Oxford Classical Dictionary from Amazon.com. It really is an outstanding resource, and it does mean I won't have to fight for the copy in the uni library. And it was 30% off. Now I really do need that bookcase...
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
- Will 'Nemesis' be the last Trek film?
- Why do you watch Enterprise?
- Does Trek still push the envelope?
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Yesterday was the 68th birthday of Nichelle Nichols, the Original Series's Uhura.
Today's Television Listings
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series episode 'For the World is Hollow...' at 10:00 a.m eastern time, with TNG's 'Deja Q' at 11:00 a.m, DS9's 'A Man Alone' at midday and Voyager's 'Cathexis' at 1:00 p.m.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will show the Next Generation's 'Too Short a Season' at 15:00 GMT, with 'The Big Goodbye' at 16:00, and Voyager's 'Persistence of Vision' at 17:00. E4 will show the Original Series episode 'The Cage' at 16:40. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- In Canada, Space! will be showing an Enterprise episode at 8:00pm Eastern Time.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing DS9's 'The Search, Parts 1 and 2' at 15:00 GMT, while BBC2 will be showing TNG's 'Too Short A Season' at 18:50. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Germany, Sat.1 will be showing Voyager's 'Rettungsanker' ('Life Line') at 16:00 CET.