News BulletsBy Caillan
November 29, 2002 - 3:35 PM
- Author Geoffrey Mandel will be signing copies of his book 'Star Charts' at various Borders bookshops over the next two months. Details of his appearances can be found below:
Saturday, December 7, 2002 5 p.m. Borders Puente Hills
1600 S. Azusa Ave., City of Industry, CA 91748
Saturday, January 4, 2003 1 p.m. Borders Chino
3833 Grand Ave., Chino, CA 91710
Saturday, January 11, 2003 1 p.m. Borders Glendale
100 S. Brand Blvd., Glendale, CA 91204
Mandel will be "on hand to sign copies of 'Star Charts,' answer questions, debate Star Trek cartography, and give away UFP star chart posters to anyone who can correctly answer ten trivia questions." (There are a limit of five posters per store).
- Walter Koenig (Pavel Chekov) will be playing Ebeneezer Scrooge in the 13th annual production of 'A Christmas Carol' at the Thousand Oaks Civic Arts Plaza's Scherr Forum Theatre in Thousand Oaks, California, from December 7 to December 22. Further information is available here.
- Over at the Shatner BBS, Lisabeth Shatner has thanked fans for their support for a 'Star Trek V' Director's Edition DVD, as expressed in the recent petition. "I know my Dad would love to get the chance to redo the ending. As it stands, we both did interviews and a commentary for the movie. It should be out on DVD some time next year, I'm not sure when, but we'll definitely let you know. Even if he doesn't redo a thing, I know he had a great time filming it and thinks of it as one of the most special moments in his life. I also know he's very touched by all your loyalty and support."
- Patrick Stewart (Jean-Luc Picard) will host a four-day Next Generation 'Villains Marathon' on TNN from Tuesday, December 10 to Friday, December 13 to celebrate the release of 'Star Trek Nemesis.'
- Scott Bakula (Jonathan Archer) has recorded a song on the new Boynton Songs album 'Philadelphia Chickens.' An audio clip of Bakula singing the song, entitled 'Pig Island,' can be found here. Thanks to Pam at Bakula News and 'Miri' for this!
- Whoopi Goldberg (Guinan) will be appearing in a special Christmas edition of the British comedy Absolutely Fabulous, according to Sci-Fi Pulse. The show will be broadcast on either Christmas Eve or Christmas Day.
- Slashdot will shortly be interviewing William Shatner (James T. Kirk) - head over to this page to submit your questions. Thanks to 'jkcity' for this!
- According to EzyDVD.com.au, the Special Edition DVD of 'Star Trek III: The Search For Spock' will be released in Australia on January 17, 2003. Thanks to Shaun Turner at TV Schedules International for this!