News BulletsBy Christian
October 29, 2000 - 11:00 PM
- The official Star Trek site has a report on a panel discussion organised by the Planetary Society and the American Astronomical Society on Monday, entitled 'Human Space Exploration: Fact, Fiction, the Future'. One of the participants was Andre Bormanis, Science Advisor and frequent writer on Voyager.
- British DVD site the R2 Project is reporting that the British Board of Film Classification recently added several items to the list of projects it will be reviewing, including something called 'A Guide To The Star Trek Universe', for Paramount with Tim Russ (Tuvok). There is no word on exactly what this is, or what it will be used for. Thanks go out to the Founders for this!
- David Henderson at Psi Phi has put up an excerpt from the audiobook of John Vornholt's 'The Genesis Wave, Book One', which is read by Tim Russ (Tuvok). The excerpt can be found via Psi Phi's What's New page.
- And Psi Phi also has the full credits for Voyager's 'Repression'.
- Jason Davidson at Star Trek News has put up a Trek Or Treat guide to the best Star Trek Halloween episodes. The guide also includes a listing of failed attempts, and a per-series guide to Halloween installments.
- Ariel at Fandom's Star Trek Central has put up the fourth installment of her 'Subspace Echoes' column, including birthday wishes for Robert Picardo (the Holodoc), a tribute to Gene Roddenberry, and looks at the latest episodes of both Voyager and Andromeda.
- According to TrekWeb, the latest issue of the Star Trek Magazine reported that Alexander Siddig (Julian Bashir) and Andrew Robinson (Garak) are teaming up to write a sequel to Robinson's recent DS9 novel, 'A Stitch In Time'. The sequel will include Julian Bashir's replies to the letters sent to him by Garak from Cardassia, and will be published by Pocket Books next year.
- SF-Radio.de is reporting that in May 2001 Paramount Germany will be releasing the entire first season of 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' spread out over six DVDs, followed in August by the second and in November by the third season. The DVDs will include the original English version in Dolby Digital 5.1 sound format, and the dubbed German version in Dolby Surround. These DVDs, as any other European DVD, will not be playable on regular American DVDs, so importing them will likely not be a possibility for Americans wanting to get TNG in the new digital video format.
- For the past three weeks, Michelle Forbes (Ro Laren) has been appearing on the CBS show 'The District'. Thanks go out to Sean Declet for this!
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.