News BulletsBy Michelle
September 29, 2005 - 6:23 PM
- AICN reported that TV Guide was incorrect when it noted that Jolene Blalock (T'Pol) would be on this week's episode of Lost. She features in an episode nearer to midseason.
- Patrick Stewart (Picard) has two November conventions on his schedule in Massachusetts and Florida and voices a character in tonight's episode of American Dad, notes The PSN.
- The Stage Online reports that Stewart will join Ewan McGregor and others to run classes at the Actors Centre in London.
- U.S. Newswire has a press release noting that the annual African Burial Ground Tribute Weekend from Friday, September 30th to Sunday, October 1st will include a tribute by Avery Brooks (Sisko). Events are at The Schomburg Center in Harlem.
- Tim Russ (Tuvok) will be performing on October 1st with his trio at RJ's, which is located on 252 N. Beverly Drive, Beverly Hills, CA 90210 at 9:45. Details are at A Tribute to Tim Russ.
- LeVar Burton will appear at the American Library Association AASL 12th National Conference & Exhibition in Pittsburgh from October 6-9th.
- Linda Park (Sato) stars in a comedy short, Action Plant Rescue Squad, at Channel 101. Thanks to TrekWeb.
- The web site of William Shatner (Kirk) has images from the Tuesday night premiere of Boston Legal and news about the series. Media Life Magazine reports that Boston Legal was not helped in its new timeslot by new lead-in series Commander in Chief, as its ratings are down a point and a half from last season when Desperate Housewives gave it a large leftover audience. However, The Washington Post notes that Commander in Chief had 16.4 million viewers and helped ABC to win Tuesday night with its largest non-sports audience on the night in nearly two years.
- The Ledger has a preview of a November performance of an orchestral piece based on J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings with George Takei (Sulu) narrating. The Imperial Symphony Orchestra has more information.
- Both the original and enhanced versions of photos from Kate Mulgrew (Janeway)'s The Manions of America are at Totally Kate! Plus StarTrek.com has a new cartoon about Mulgrew's Tea at Five and the Borg.
- Planet Fandom reports on fan-made Star Trek series like Hidden Frontier.
- Sci Fi Pulse has a review of Star Trek Enterprise: The Complete Third Season on DVD. So does TailSlate.
- The Shield has an article on the communicator replica phone Viacom will soon be releasing through Sona Mobile.
- TrekPulse has posted screen caps from DS9's "Second Sight."
- The Los Angeles Times reports that UPN is off to its best season start ever, with double-digit growth in total viewers and among young adults, in large part because of Everybody Hates Chris and the return of America's Next Top Model.
- Fans can listen to live coverage of the Las Vegas Monorail Star Trek event with Klingons, Borg, Ferengi, Romulans and Andorians.
- Space Station K7 announces the release of The Gorn Invasion Force for use with Elite Force 1, a six-skin pak featuring sounds and chat lines from the original series episode "Arena".
- And the United Federation of Fans has raised over $7000 for Hurricane Katrina relief efforts and is continuing to hold auction on eBay.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.