'Voyager: Elite Force' Goes GoldBy Christian
August 29, 2000 - 8:12 PM
Activision announced yesterday that 'Voyager: Elite Force', Raven Software's first-person shooter set aboard the U.S.S. Voyager, has gone gold. The title has been sent off to duplication, and will likely be available on the 20th of September, for a recommended retail price of $49.99.
In addition, Activision has officially announced the launch of their pre-order program for the game, allowing you to obtain a Collector's Edition of the game for $59.99. Besides the actual game, the Collector's Edition will include a special Wildstorm comics book, a Voyager lapel pin, and a bonus CD containing the game soundtrack, plus more.
Following this news, an enourmous amount of new 'Elite Force' features has gone online:
- Chris Jensen at CheckOut.com has an interview with Kenn Hoekstra.
- Lead artist Les Dorscheid has written the third installment in CGO's series of designer diaries.
- The German GameStar site has nine new screenshots from the game.
- At 7:00pm CST tonight, GameVisions will be hosting a live chat with the Elite Force development team. Info on how to connect can be found here.
- Raven's James Monroe has updated his .plan file with info on all the technologies added to the 'Quake 3: Arena' engine for 'Elite Force'.
- And finally, Think-Games has an interview with the aforementioned Les Dorscheid.
Thanks go out to Blue for most of this!