News BulletsBy Michelle
July 29, 2004 - 7:54 PM
- The August 1st newsstand edition of TV Guide has a cover story on "The 25 Greatest Sci-Fi Legends" and three different covers, including Seven of Nine with George Jetson, Captain Picard with Beldar the Conehead, and Alf with Fox Mulder. A preview can be found at TV Guide Online. Scott Bakula (Archer)'s Sam Beckett of Quantum Leap made the list as well as the Star Trek characters.
- TrekNews.de has stills, premiere photos and the trailer for (T)raumschiff Suprise, the German Star Trek spoof that has broken box office records.
- TrekWeb has a report on an appearance by Patrick Stewart, at which the actor revealed that screenwriter John Logan had an idea for a Star Trek: Nemesis sequel involving all the Star Trek captains.
- DVD File has an interview with James Darren (Vic Fontaine) in which he talks briefly about appearing on Deep Space Nine. Thanks to Weyoun 8.
- A recent edition of Spike TV's Real TV included a mid-to-late-1970s clip of Jonathan Frakes screen testing for a role on Welcome Back Kotter. Thanks to Alex.
- On Sunday, August 1st, Swedish TV4 will have a Star Trek marathon running Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan through Generations, starting at 2 p.m. Thanks to Cai.
- Psi Phi has announced an upcoming biography of DeForest Kelley (McCoy), From Sawdust to Stardust by Terry Lee Rioux, to be published in January 2005 in honour of Kelley's 85th birthday.
- TrekWeb has posted reviews of the Robert Greenberger novels A Time To Love and A Time To Hate.
- Wigglefish has posted a review of Vulcan's Soul, Book One.
- MillionairePlayboy.com has reviewed Wil Wheaton (Wesley Crusher)'s book Just A Geek.
- Robo Trek will be released in print some time next year by Publish America, but the illustrated CD version is still available for free at the web site.
- The BBC has an article on the feasibility of warp drive.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.