Site ColumnsBy Caillan
May 29, 2002 - 3:21 PM
I suspect Channel 9 (aka Haters Of All Good Television) may be cutting The West Wing. The last few episodes have only run between 45-50 minutes, including commericals. They could just be chopping out little scenes like UPN did with Voyager in the fifth season, but still, it's annoying - if you have to wait until 10:30pm to see a TV show, you'd hope to see the whole thing.
However, Channel 9 has been doing something good recently - Frasier reruns are still on nightly at 7:00pm. They pulled their game show in that timeslot a while ago, and Frasier is actually holding up remarkably well - previously it didn't get very good ratings, but now it's actually beating Big Brother 2. Hopefully we'll see season nine before Christmas at this rate.
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
- Was Voyager's final message appropriate?
- What is Starfleet's structure in the 22nd century?
- Should Star Trek finish?
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
This was one of the major news items on May 29, 2000:
- Trek People Speak At Conventions
Voyager pre-production coordinator Lolita Fatjo revealed that the series would begin shooting its seventh and final season on June 22. She also mentioned that Voyager would continue to accept speculative script submissions until October.
More news can be found in the archives.
Today's Television Listings
- At 8:00pm (7:00pm Central), UPN will be showing Enterprise's 'Fight or Flight'. Here's how the official site describes the episode:
As they continue their deep space exploration, the NX-01 crew comes across an alien ship where they discover 15 humanoid corpses that seem to have been part of a scientific experiment. The horrific sight inspires Sato to panic and demand a return to Earth, but Archer insists on continuing the mission and finding out more about the abandoned dead. Trouble comes calling when the aliens that were conducting the gruesome experiments return and begin attacking Captain Archer and his team.
Further information can be found in the Trek Nation episode guide.
- TNN will be showing TNG's 'Gambit, Part I' at 8:00pm Eastern Time and 'Where No One Has Gone Before' at 11:00pm.
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series's 'The Mark of Gideon' at 6:00pm Eastern Time and 'And the Children Shall Lead' at 7:00pm.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series's 'The Menagerie, Part II' at 10:00am and 2:00pm Eastern Time, TNG's 'Thine Own Self' at 3:00pm, DS9's 'The Begotten' at 4:00pm and Voyager's 'Equinox, Part 2' at 5:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing TNG's 'Birthright, Part II' at 16:00 GMT and Voyager's 'Maneuvers' at 17:00. BBC2 will be showing TNG's 'The Dauphin' at 18:45. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In the Netherlands, V8 will be showing TNG's 'Cause and Effect' at 18:00 CET. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!
- In Australia, Channel 9 will be showing Enterprise's 'Silent Enemy' at 10:30pm.
Thanks go out to Sci-Fi TV Schedules International!
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- TNN will be showing TNG's 'Gambit, Part II' at 8:00pm Eastern Time and 'Lonely Among Us' at 11:00pm.
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series's 'That Which Survives' at 6:00pm Eastern Time and 'Charlie X' at 7:00pm.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series's 'Conscience of the King' at 10:00am and 2:00pm Eastern Time, TNG's 'Masks' at 3:00pm, DS9's 'For the Uniform' at 4:00pm and Voyager's 'Survival Instinct' at 5:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing TNG's 'Starship Mine' at 16:00 GMT and Voyager's 'Resistance' at 17:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In the Netherlands, V8 will be showing TNG's 'The First Duty' at 18:00 CET. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!