News BulletsBy Michelle
March 29, 2006 - 6:48 PM
- Roxann Dawson (Torres)'s web page announces that she will be directing the season finale of CBS's Cold Case.
- There's a new review of Scott Bakula (Captain Archer) in Shenandoah in Potomac Stages that says:
The performance of Scott Bakula, as the patriarch of a farm family in the Shenandoah Valley...is strong from the moment he wanders over those hills. It is a polished performance with every moment, movement and gesture thoroughly thought out and rendered [and] Bakula has great chemistry with the cast members playing his family.
- George Takei (Sulu)'s episode of Will and Grace will air this Thursday night, March 30th, at 8:00 p.m Eastern time, according to StarTrek.com.
- And StarTrek.com has notes on other Trek alumni projects, including Kristanna Loken (Malia) in Dark Kingdom: The Dragon King as Brunhild, William Sadler (Sloan) in August Rush and Malcolm McDowell (Soran) in the U.S. premiere of one-man stage show Never Apologize: A Personal Remembrance of Lindsay Anderson as a fundraiser for the Ojai Film Festival.
- William Shatner (Captain Kirk)'s DVD club is mocked in an article in The Washington Post.
- An article on stars wishing to go into space at Manchester Online names Shatner as a likely candidate, though Shatner himself has said elsewhere that he has no desire to fly in the Virgin Galactic fleet when it begins commercial flights.
- The Hub reviews five Shatner movies, including Judgment at Nuremburg as well as Airplane II.
- Contact Music has yet another article about yet another delay for the launch into space of the ashes of James Doohan (Scotty).
- Amazon.com is now taking orders for Patrick Stewart (Captain Picard)'s Chicken Little on DVD.
- The web site of director Brett Ratner has behind-the-scenes photos of Stewart in X3.
- There is a photo at the Sid City Forums of the German poster for Alexander Siddig (Bashir)'s Hannibal, scheduled to air there in May.
- E! Insiders has an obituary for Rhoda Williams, who appeared in two Star Trek movies. Thanks to Alex.
- The latest Sev Trek contest asks for Kirk's answer to a question about why Starfleet uniforms of his era have no pockets.
- TrekCore has added DVD caps from Enterprise's "Fusion" and "Rogue Planet", Voyager's "Dreadnaught" and "Death Wish" and Deep Space Nine's "Shattered Mirror".
- Hollywood Hotline ponders possible controversy for a CBS pilot, Orpheus, by Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan's Nicholas Meyer for thinly veiled criticism of the Church of Scientology.
- Cinescape has an editorial on rethinking concepts from The Next Generation and Voyager as they age.
- A report on this year's Spacey Award nominees in Canada, which have been won by several Star Trek alumni in the past, is at TrekWeb.
- VRRRM has footage from Jimmy Kimmel's visit to the Grand Slam convention, including a full transcript and many photos.
- Eclipse Magazine is having a contest to win the Fan Collective-Time Travel DVD set for people who sign up for their EMTV Podcast on iTunes.
- Blog Critics has a review of Deep Space and Sacred Time: Star Trek in the American Mythos by Jon Wagner and Jan Lundeen.
- Ultimate AV has a review of all four seasons of Enterprise on DVD, including notes on which episodes can be skipped each season.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.