News Bullets (1)By Christian
March 29, 2000 - 10:12 PM
- GalaxyOnline, the internet sci-fi production company, has put up a trailer for 'Overload', a sci-fi project about the seven last surviving crewmembers of an exploratory space vessel damaged beyond repair. One of the cast members of the film is George Takei, who starred in the Original Series as Hikaru Sulu. You can download the trailer at the official Overload site. Thanks go out to Jeff 'Koganuts' Koga for the link!
- An article by AP's Cliff Edwards talks about the several alternatives being developed for traditional needle-based injections, all very similar to Star Trek's hypospray.
- Media Monster Communications is announcing Majel Barrett-Roddenberry (Nurse Chapel, Lwaxana Troi, the Computer) will be attending Actorfest 2000, an exposition organised by Backstage West on Saturday the 6th of May in Hilton Universal City.
- UPN's new cop show 'The Beat', which actually got quite good reviews when it premiered last week, saw its Nielsens performance drop to a 2.0 rating / 3 share yesterday, well down from the premiere's 3.2/5. 'Secret Agent Man' ratings also went down, to a 1.8/3 (was a 2.4/4). Thanks go out to the UltimateTV report for this!
- A Hollywood Reporter article has a bit more info about 'The Gristle', the indie feature for which Michael Dorn (Worf) just signed on. The film is described as "the story of eight con men of different ethnicities who coincidentally come together and are forced to deal with their apparent differences", with Dorn being one of the con men.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.