CBS Adds New Partners For 'Star Trek' MerchandisingBy T'Bonz
January 29, 2009 - 12:58 AM
CBS Consumer Products announced that it would be expanding its Star Trek merchandising program, and Star Trek fans will be the beneficiaries, with plenty of new and exciting products to be offered.
As reported by CBS Consumer Products, CBS Consumer Products is aiming at the same new generation that Star Trek XI is and will have plenty of products ranging from games and toys to home decor. "The momentum is building for the 'Star Trek' brand as we approach the new feature film this May," said Liz Kalodner, executive vice president and general manager of CBS Consumer Products. "We are excited to continue our focus on expanding the 'Star Trek' universe and bringing the whole franchise to a new generation."
Toys will be offered by current partners and by two new ones. Mattel will be offering a line of Barbie collector dolls, a Scene It? DVD game and a 20Q Star Trek trivia game. New partners USAopoly and Fundex will offer Trek-themed products. USAopoly will create a Star Trek Monopoly edition and Fundex will offer Star Trek UNO, Scrabble, Magic 8 Ball, Phase 10 and All About Trivia.
In addition to toys, other products to be made available include apparel, fragrance, accessories, jewelry, home decor and gifts. Below is a list of the companies and products to be offered:
- Vandor: cookie jars, salt and pepper sets, mugs, clocks, magnets, lights and more.
- Funko: bobbleheads, vinyl figures
- Briefly Stated: sleepwear, loungewear
- E.S. Originals: kids footwear, bags, accessories
- AME: sleepwear for children
- York/Roommates: peel-and-stick wall art and décor including life-sized wall murals.
- Rabbit Tanaka: lighting, wall art
- Trends International: Posters
- GenkiWear, LLC: trio of fragrances (Tiberius, Pon Farr, Red Shirt fragrances)
- Cufflinks.com: silver-plated cufflinks
- Bradford Exchange: leather jackets, laptop bags, patches pins, flags
- MBI/Danbury Mint: jewelry such as men's and women's rings.