Gaming BulletsBy Christian
January 29, 2001 - 10:06 PM
- The official web site for the upcoming 'Star Trek: Away Team' top-down strategy game has opened. The site already contains word that in March it will be updated with a demo of the game.
- A new Screenshot of the Week from the 'Bridge Commander' space simulator is now available at the game's official site.
- 'Voyager: Elite Force' and 'Deep Space Nine: The Fallen' are compared to each other in a new article by Bobi Roka at D2K. Roka ends up giving 'Elite Force' an 8 and 'The Fallen' a 7, and saying the DS9 game is very truthful to the TV show, but the Voyager game is just more fun to play.
- Dave Markell at Computer Games Online has reviewed Interplay's 'Starfleet Command Volume II: Empires at War', awarding it 3.5 stars out of 5. "Regardless of the politics that govern when a publisher releases a game, Starfleet Command II is clearly not ready for prime time. Abundant bugs, unbalanced campaign prestige, and a non-functional multiplayer campaign all mar an otherwise classic game."
- Jakub Wojnarowicz at FiringSquad also criticised the game's many bugs, awarding it a rating of just 66%. "Starfleet Command 2 is a game with so much potential and so many great ideas, but, despite being a sequel, it doesn't have the polish necessary to deliver a compelling game."
- Mark Shaw and Damon Wilson at PC Strategy Games have written a new article about the large number of Star Trek games that have been released over the past few years, and whether the Trek game franchise has now finally run its course.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.