News BulletsBy Christian
September 28, 2000 - 8:25 PM
- According to Fox Sports Television Group chairman and CEO David Hill, there have been no talks about putting some of the baseball games to which Fox recently acquired the rights on the UPN affiliates now owned by Fox. This could be an indication that Fox is indeed planning to continue the UPN affiliation for these stations. Click here for a bit more about this.
- Deborah Fisher at StarTrek.com has put up an interesting article on 'Rightful Heir', the TNG episode that introduced Kahless the Unforgettable. The article includes quotes from writer Ron Moore, director Winrich Kolbe and actor Kevin Conway, talking about the Klingon mythology, make-up, and avoiding making Kahless like Jesus.
- Yesterday's repeat of 'The Haunting Of Deck Twelve' earned UPN a 2.7 rating / 4 share, up from last week's 2.5/4. The show was fifth for the night, ahead of a 'Felicity' rerun. More can be found in the Zap2It report - as of next week, Greg Fuller at the Star Trek Nielsen Ratings Information Database will presumably start writing up his detailed weekly reports again.
- In a new edition of Benner's Bios at IGN Sci-Fi, reigning champion Zefram Cochrane is faced by challenger Reginald Barclay for the title of IGN Sci-Fi Champ. The battle report also includes a bio of Dwight Schultz (Barclay).
- The Sev Wide Web has some photos of a paper model of the Starship Enterforaprize.
- Psi Phi's Star Trek Book List, also included in the back of all Pocket Books paperback novels, has been updated to the March 2001 list.
- Decipher has put up a guide on how to run a Star Trek Customisable Card Game Warpspeed Tournament.
- The Great Link's Dominion Arc has just undergone a massive update, and now includes full episode synopses for Deep Space Nine's Final Chapter, along with lots of pictures, sound files, and other dynamic content. Find it all here.
- Dennis sends along word that, according to today's issue of the Hollywood Reporter, the Director's Edition of 'Star Trek: The Motion Picture' has been re-rated from G to PG for the upcoming DVD version. The DVD, incidentally, will be released on the 7th of January, making the date of release 1/7/01.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.