News BulletsBy Michelle
June 28, 2004 - 9:10 PM
- Numerous viewers have reported that in the new Steven Spielberg movie The Terminal, an immigration officer who is a Star Trek fan performs the Vulcan salute.
- The Patrick Stewart Network reports that Patrick Stewart (Captain Picard) has been confirmed as a guest for the Buxton Festival, presenting a talk, "To Hollywood and Back" on July 25th.
- A group of fans has begun a project to gather letters, photos and donations for the sixteenth birthday of Scarlett Pomers (Naomi Wildman).
- TV Shows on DVD reports that former Trek writer Bryan Fuller's Wonderfalls will be released on DVD in December, featuring one of the final appearances of Kellie Waymire (Ensign Cutler) before her death.
- A report at StarTrek.com notes that Kirstie Alley (Saavik) will star in a new film for CBS, While I Was Gone. Bill Smitrovich, who played Webb in DS9's "Past Tense", will appear as well.
- "I'm Easy", the Oscar-winning song written and performed by Keith Carradine (A.G. Robinson) for the 1975 film Nashville, is #81 on the American Film Institute list of the top 100 film songs of all time. Thanks to Alex.
- Nana Visitor's film They Are Among Us, co-starring Babylon 5's Bruce Boxleitner, will premiere on the Sci-Fi Channel on Saturday, July 17th at 9 p.m.
- Michelle Forbes (Ro Laren) will join Robert Guillaume, Lou Gossett, Jr. and Robert Culp in PC shooter game Half-Life 2, according to Gamespot.
- Boston.com has an article on the high price of "Star Trek medicine."
- Matt Roush of TV Guide reponded to a fan discussing the lack of tolerance for mediocre sci-fi television, which according to the fan includes Enterprise.
- Captain Benjamin Sisko made TV Guide's list of the top 50 TV dads in the Father's Day issue.
- Millionaire Playboy has an interview with Roger Nygard of Trekkies 2.
- Gaming Illustrated has an editorial on why Deep Space Nine is better than The Next Generation.
- The Hollywood Reporter also has a review of DS9, which praises the stories but is somewhat cutting to the cast.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.