News BulletsBy Christian
June 28, 2001 - 10:29 PM
- TrekWeb has posted a photo of the outside of a trailer located near Stage 18 on the Paramount lot. The trailer features a paper sign with the words 'Star Trek: Enterprise - Special Effects,' along with a stylised image of an unknown starship similar to the ships seen in Starfleet. It is not known which starship the image represents - it may be the Enterprise as seen in Series V, it may be an early design of the ship, or it may be a random starship used as part of a temporary logo for the special effects department.
- The upcoming 'Final Fantasy' film features the voice talent of two former Trek actors. Jean Simmons, who played Admiral Satie in TNG's 'The Drumhead,' voices Council Member #2, while Dwight Schultz (Reginald Barclay) voiced a Scan Technician. Thanks go out to Jeff 'Koganuts' Koga for this!
- Jeffrey Combs (Brunt & Weyoun) is taking part in a Question and Answer Session at the Official Star Trek Site. Head over to StarTrek.com to submit your questions for the actor.
- The Trekker Newsletter has a report on a radio interview with Tony Alleyne, the British Star Trek fan who spent over $11,000 to convert his flat into a starship interior.
- Also up at TTN is a review by Jacqueline Bundy of the new Deep Space Nine relaunch novel 'Abyss'. Bundy liked the book, saying:
David Weddle and Jeffrey Lang have collaborated on a very intriguing story that manages to subtly draw you in and then surprise you when you least expect it. So far editor Marco Palmieri's utilization of authors fairly new to Star Trek fiction is really paying off. [...] The writing is fresh and different, but still manages to capture those elements that draw a person to the Star Trek Universe.
You can read her full analysis here at the Trekker Newsletter.
- Robert Urbanek a seeer and soothsayer has posted a new column, in which he claims that the airing of the Next Generation's 'Aquiel' and the discovery of chemicals that prevent HIV viruses from multiplying on the same day may point to a possible cure for AIDS. You can read the full article by following this link.
- New release dates are now available for Voyager videos in Australia. The new dates are:
- 7.4 6th July
- 7.5 10th August
- 7.6 7th September
- 7.7 5th October
- 7.4 6th July
- Episode two of the Voyager Virtual Season 8 is now available online.
- Totally Kate, the Kate Mulgrew (Kathryn Janeway) site has been updated with a new version of the picture of the actress from the Emmy Ad Magazine. The new picture can be found on this page.
Thanks go out to Feanor for this information!