Site ColumnsBy Christian
April 28, 2001 - 1:09 PM
Well, things are definitely looking up for us Roxette fans again - reportedly, their new album 'Room Service' is currently at #3 on CNN's World Beat Top 10 Album chart, which is quite an accomplishment for a CD that hasn't even been released in the US or promoted in the UK. Well over 700,000 copies have been sold of the CD in the few weeks since release, which is a lot more than the last album sold after a comparable time.
With the group's new success and also the higher quality of the latest CD, I'm also finding myself much more interested in Roxette fandom again. A few days ago I even had a short news item published at the Daily Roxette (the TrekToday of the Roxette world, so to speak), and seeing that article on the site funnily enough had me more excited than almost any news item I've posted here recently.
Of course, my obsession with Roxette also has a few downsides. Before the new CD was released, I'd ordered it from the official fan club, but unfortunately they had massive supply problems, delaying the CD's delivery by about two weeks or so. Naturally I couldn't wait for that, so I ran out on the day of release to get the album from the stores anyway, now leaving me with two copies of the CD. If anyone would like to buy my second copy of the CD, please do let me know.
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
-What would be the casual fan's perspective on a prequel series?
-Would DS9's 'The Visitor' have been as good if Cirroc Lofton had also played the older Sisko?
-In Science Fiction & Fantasy: Do Bill & Ted deserve a sequel?
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
Below are some of the most important headlines that appeared on TrekToday on Wednesday the 28th of April, 1999:
- All-New DS9 Final Chapter Rumours - In what was I think the first-ever episode spoiler that originated here on TrekToday, we reported Section 31 director Sloane would die in the episode 'Extreme Measures.'
- Garak Goes Autobio - The Star Trek Communicator reported for the first time that Andrew Robinson was working on Garak's autobiography. Eventually, this of course turned into last year's DS9 novel, 'A Stitch In Time'.
- DeForrest Kelly Hospitalized - A day earlier the first hints of this already came out when it became known that Brent Spiner (Data) had replaced DeForest Kelley (Leonard 'Bones' McCoy) at the Grand Slam convention, but on this day it was confirmed - Kelley was admitted to hospital on the 23rd of April for at the time still unknown reasons.
Today's Television Listings
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series' 'Conscience of the King' at 10:00am Eastern Time, TNG's 'Loud as a Whisper' at 11:00am, DS9's 'Dax' at 12:00pm and Voyager's 'Lifesigns' at 1:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing Voyager's 'Bride of Chaotica' at 6:00am GMT, DS9's 'Doctor Bashir, I Presume?' at 14:00, DS9's 'A Simple Investigation' at 15:00, Voyager's 'Bride of Chaotica' at 16:00 and Voyager's 'Gravity' at 17:00. Sky Premier 3 will be showing 'Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country' at 8:55 and 15:30. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In the Netherlands, Nederland 2 will be showing Voyager's 'Thirty Days' at 17:05 CET. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!
- In Australia, TV1 will be showing the Original Series' 'Who Mourns For Adonais?' at 8:00pm and TNG's 'The Survivors' directly thereafter. Thanks go out to the Australian Babylon 5 & Star Trek air schedule
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series' 'Tomorrow Is Yesterday' at 10:00am.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series' 'Balance of Terror' at 10:00am Eastern Time and TNG's 'The Schizoid Man' at 11:00am.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky Cinema 2 will be showing 'Star Trek V: The Final Frontier' at 13:00 and at 19:00 GMT. Sky One will be showing three TNG episodes, beginning at 14:00 with 'Reunion,' and continuing with 'Future Imperfect' at 15:00 and 'Final Mission' at 16:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Australia, TV1 will be showing the Original Series' 'Who Mourns For Adonais' at 10:00am and TNG's 'The Survivors' at 10:30am. Thanks go out to the Australian Babylon 5 & Star Trek air schedule