Site ColumnsBy Amy
March 28, 2001 - 10:04 PM
It is, I find, very frustrating be in the mood for a midnight Ė or in this case, pre-dawn - snack and find that thereís nothing in the house fitting that description. No chips, no ice-cream, no chocolate, not even any muesli bars or other such, dare I say it, healthy snacks. Just baked beans Ė a staple in any uni studentís diet. Well, that and two minute noodles, though itís a wonder how cheap a good steak can be if youíre only buying for one and donít mind not having anything with it. And, since Iím a big fan of steak, I have little problem with sacrificing some greenery to have one. Another great way to go, I find, is your classic baked Ė or in this instance, nuked - potato. Punch a couple of holes in one with a fork, bung it in the microwave until itís either cooked through or exploded. Season with butter and salt to taste and eat skin and all. That way you get all the staple food-groups: carbohydrates, butter and burnt crunchy bitsÖ or wet, soggy bits, since this is a microwave weíre talking about here.
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
Two years ago today, Sunday, March 28th, these were some of the TrekToday headlines:
- DS9 Finale Spoilers - Major Character Dies: Word reached the internet that Gowron, was going to be killed off in the 2 episode series final of Deep Space 9.
- February Ratings Report Voyager Is Up: The Voyager Nielsen Ratings Information Database finally put up the ratings report for February, one of the sweeps months. That February was actually pretty good for Voyager - it had nearly as good ratings as the previous year, for the first time. Unfortunately, some episodes prevented the show from scoring better.
Below are the results of the most recent TrekToday poll:
,Thanks go out to everyone who voted! With all the hype surrounding the finale, we ask the question - 'Do you think that Voyager should get home'?,
Today's Television Listings
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing a TOS mini-marathon, beginning at 11:00am Eastern Time with 'The Way To Eden' and ending at 3:00pm with 'Plato's Stepchildren'. At 5:00pm, they will also be showing their regular TOS episode, 'The Lights of Zetar'.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing Voyager's 'Cathexis' at 4:00am Eastern Time, DS9's 'Prodigal Daughter' at 5:00am, the Original Series' 'Spectre of the Gun' at 10:00am, TNG's 'All Good Things, Part Two' at 12:00pm, 'The Spectre of the Gun' again at 4:00pm, DS9's 'The Emperor's New Cloak' at 5:00pm, and Voyager's 'Faces' at 10:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing DS9's 'The Assignment' at 17:00 and at 00:30, while BBC Two will be showing DS9's 'Treachery, Faith and the Great River' at 18:45. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In the Netherlands, Veronica will be showing DS9's 'Ties of Blood and Water' at 17:15 CET, while Net5 will be showing Voyager's 'Elogium' at 18:40. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!
- In Australia, Channel 9 will be showing DS9's 'Waltz' at 12:00am. Thanks go out to the Australian Babylon 5 & Star Trek air schedule
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the original series episode 'Requiem for Methuselah' at 5pm.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing Voyager's 'Faces' at 4am, DS9's 'The Emperor's New Cloak' at 5am, the original series episode 'Day of the Dove' at 10am (repeat at 4pm), TNG's '101 Encounter at Farpoint Pt.1' at 12pm, DS9's 'Field of Fire' at 5pm and Voyager's 'Jetrel' at 10pm.
- In the United Kingdom, DS9's 'Trials and Tribble-ations' at 17:00 and'The Assignment' at 23:30. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In the Netherlands, Veronica will be showing DS9's 'Ferengi Love Songs' at 17:15 while NET5 will air Voyager's 'Non-Sequitur' at 18:40. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!
- In Australia, apy tv channel TV1 will show DS9's 'The Forsaken' at 11pm. Thanks go out to the Australian Babylon 5 & Star Trek air schedule