Site ColumnsBy Amy
February 28, 2001 - 6:51 PM
Rabid 'shipper that I am, I've been following the progress of our current poll with some small measure of interest - and have found myself quite surprised by the results so far. While I did expect a large number of people to click the 'wait and see' option, I was rather taken aback to discover that more people are really looking forward to it than there are of people like me who have a bad - and somewhat nauseous - gut feeling about the whole thing. It's not by much, but it really does make me wonder - whatever happened to everyone believing what I thought they should. I mean, come on. You'll all meant to agree with me. It's not fair that you don't.
In other news, we just discovered something of a glitch when it comes to viewing the site with Netscape - particularly version 3. I do believe that the version 3 bug in particular very nearly gave my dear co-editor a heart-attack when he first saw it. Now, much as I his discomfiture amusing, and that it should all be fixed now, we'd really appreciate it if people would let us know about these things - we're both primarily IE users and don't always remember to check with other browsers as often as we should.
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
On Monday the 28th of January, 1999, some of the most important TrekToday headlines of the day were as follows:
Today's Television Listings
- At 9:00pm (8:00pm Central), UPN will be showing Voyager's 'Workforce, Part Two'. Here's how the official Star Trek site describes the episode:
With the majority of the U.S.S. Voyager crew brainwashed into leading the lives of industrial workers for a race called the Quarren, Chakotay, Harry Kim, Neelix and the Doctor find themselves vastly outnumbered in their quest to restore the crew to normal and return them to the ship. However, Janeway and the rest of the crew have moved on with their lives as Quarren forces close in on Chakotay on the planet's surface and on Voyager in orbit.Please be aware that the above image is copyrighted by Paramount.
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be running another Star Trek mini-marathon, beginning at 11:0am Eastern Time with 'The Changling' and ending at 5:00pm with 'By Any Other Name'. Click here to see the full episode list.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing Voyager's 'Child's Play' at 4:00am Eastern Time, DS9's 'Wrongs Darker than Death or Night' at 5:00am, the Original Series' 'Mirror, Mirror' at 10:00am, TNG's 'Second Chances' at 12:00pm, 'Mirror, Mirror' again at 4:00pm, DS9's 'Inquisition' at 5:00pm and Voyager's 'Good Shepherd' at 10:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing DS9's 'The Visitor' at 17:00 and at 23:30 GMT, while BBC Two will be showing 'Take Me Out To The Holosuite' at 18:45. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In the Netherlands, Veronica will be showing DS9's 'Body Parts' at 17:15 CET, while Net5 will be showing their final TNG episode for a while at 18:00 - 'The Measure of a Man'. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!
- In Australia, the 9 Network will be showing Voyager's 'Extreme Risk' at 11:00pm. Thanks go out to the Australian Babylon 5 & Star Trek air schedule
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing TOS's 'By Any Other Name' at 5pm.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing Voyager's 'Good Shepherd' at 4am and DS9's 'Inquisition' at 5am (listings incomplete)
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will show DS9's 'Hippocratic Oath' at 1700 Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In the Netherlands, NET5 will show Voyager's 'Caretaker' at 1840 while VOO will show DS9's 'Broken Link' at 1715 Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!
- In Australia, Pay TV channel TV1 will show DS9's 'Battle Lines' at 11pm. Thanks go out to the Australian Babylon 5 & Star Trek air schedule