Vir-Con Chat Line-up AnnouncedBy Christian
July 27, 2002 - 9:32 PM
Enterprise executive producer Brannon Braga will headline a veritable smorgasbord of Trek celebrities chatting with fans as part of the first-ever 3D Virtual Star Trek Convention next month.
Over the course of the three-day online event, which mirrors Creation Entertainment's convention at the Las Vegas Hilton from August 2-4, Preferred and Latinum Pass holders will be able to chat with cast members and behind-the-scenes personnel in the Green Room.
(Vir-Con is a sponsor of the Trek Nation.)
The full celebrity line-up can be found below, with each chat scheduled to last twenty-five minutes:
Friday August 2
- 1:00 PM PST - Richard Arnold (Trek archivist)
- 1:40 PM PST - Nichelle Nichols (Uhura)
- 3:30 PM PST - Max Grodenchik (Rom), Lolita Fatjo(former script coordinator), Chase Masterson (Leeta) & Aron Eisenberg (Nog)
- 4:40 PM PST - Tim Russ (Tuvok)
Saturday August 3
- 2:00 PM PST - Robert Duncan McNeill (Tom Paris)
- 3:00 PM PST - Brannon Braga (Enterprise executive producer)
- 4:00 PM PST - George Takei (Hikaru Sulu)
Sunday August 4
- 2:00 PM PST - Nana Visitor (Kira Nerys)
- 2:40 PM PST - Dominic Keating (Malcolm Reed)
- 3:20 PM PST - Anthony Montgomery (Travis Mayweather)
The above chat times may still change, but an updated chat schedule will be posted at this page on the Vir-Con site.
The General Admission Pass enables fans to view streaming video direct from the stage of the convention in Las Vegas, interact with other fans and participate in activities, but only Preferred and Latinum Pass holders are able to attend these exclusive chats.
In addition to admission to the Green Room chats, the Preferred and Latinum Passes enables virtual attendees to post auctions in the Trading Room, watch the actors on stage in medium closeup and even submit questions to the celebrities.
For the ultimate virtual convention experience, the three-day Latinum Pass allows fans to choose two celebrity autographs from a range that includes William Shatner (James T. Kirk), Kate Mulgrew (Kathryn Janeway), and Jonathan Frakes (William T. Riker).