News BulletsBy Christian
July 27, 2000 - 12:04 AM
- USA Networks just announced its financial results for the second quarter of this year, which were better than analysts expected, according to this report on Yahoo. At the presentation, it was mentioned that the Sci-Fi Channel, which also airs Original Series reruns, increased revenue by 47.7% to $71.3 million, and EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization) by 151 percent to $24.9 million. USA chairman Diller commented that "Sci-Fi is just booming in terms of programming". Thanks go out to Jose Gonzalez for this!
- David Henderson at Psi Phi has updated the official 'Voyager' rerun schedule for several more weeks, as well as the syndication schedule.
- A concert review from Variety mentions that singer John Feldmann of pop-punk band Goldfinger yesterday played in full Star Trek outfit, complete with pointy ears.
- According to Patrick Stewart - The Actors' Actor, several British papers say that Patrick Stewart (Jean-Luc Picard) has been approached to play the villian in the next Bond film. The site does warn that further evidence is needed before enjoying this prospect, and indeed, British tabloids aren't always the most trustworthy entertainment news source.
- According to a report on Corona, on the 12th of August an event will be organised in Düsseldorf, Germany to benefit children with AIDS. Present at the event will be the voice actors of several television series, including Charles Rettinghaus (Geordi LaForge) and Michael Pan (Data).
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.