News BulletsBy Christian
June 27, 2005 - 5:36 PM
- Both The Sun and Star Trek UK are solliciting your questions for an interview with Jonathan Frakes (William T. Riker).
- The Digital Bits notes that the Enterprise third-season DVD will feature the full, uncensored version of "Harbinger." The site noted that in the original airing, all UPN affiliates except for the one in New York digitally cropped a scene to hide T'Pol's bare butt.
- Ain't It Cool News has posted an advance screening report of Syriana, a new Warner Brothers film coming out in September co-starring Alexander Siddig (Julian Bashir). Although the reviewer was unable to recall Siddig's name, he called Siddig's work "outstanding." Thanks go out to Sid City for this!
- The new ABC Family drama Wildfire, created by former Trek writer Michael Piller and starring Nana Visitor (Kira Nerys), performed spectacularly well for the calbe network. According to a press release, the show was the highest-rated series premiere in the history of the channel.
- On the 28th of October, Patrick Stewart (Jean-Luc Picard) will be bringing his solo presentation of Uneasy Lies The Head, an evening with Shakespeare’s most troubled rulers, to Phi Beta Kappa Hall in Williamsburg on October 28th at 8pm as a benefit for the Virginia Shakespeare Festival. More information can be found in the festival's official press release. Thanks go out to the PSN for this!
- The German Star Trek Index reports that the German Galileo-7 convention has added Jeffrey Combs (Weyoun, Brunt, Shran) to its guest list, as well as Trek archivist Richard Arnold, and X-Files star Dean Haglund.
- Decipher, the manufacturer of the Star Trek Customisable Card Game, is promising all fans who stop by at their booth at the upcoming Origin gaming convention and spend at least $10 will be able to pick up a convention exclusive card.
- StarTrek.com kicks off its new letter to the editor section with a note from the winner of UPN's Final Frontier Finale Sweepstakes, who won the Enterprise uniform worn by Scott Bakula (Jonathan Archer).
- WOI-TV reports about the recent Star Trek festival in Riverside, Iowa, the future birthplace of Captain Kirk.
- Former TNG star Wil Wheaton (Wesley Crusher) will be playing in the championship event of the World Series of Poker. Read more at the PokerStars.com blog. Thanks 'NCC74894A'!
- EInsiders reports that Billy Parrish, the property master on Star Trek: Insurrection, died June 20th at the far too young age of 50. Thanks go out to Alex for this.
- And the site also reports that on the 25th of June, John Felder, who played Jack the Ripper in the Original Series' "Wolf in the Fold," died at the age of 80. Thanks go out to Brent for this.
- Kirk actor William Shatner attended the opening of the 84th season of the Hollywood Bowl by hosting a tribute to late Trek composer Jerry Goldsmith.
- Lost star Daniel Dae Kim recently told AsiaSource that Star Trek was important to him, because that "was the first time I ever saw an Asian person on television."
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.