News BulletsBy Christian
June 27, 2001 - 10:44 PM
- 35-year old bodybuilder Matthew Michael Ansara was found dead in his pickup truck on Monday. Ansara was the son of Barbara Eden, star of I Dream Of Jeannie, and Michael Ansara, who appeared in TOS, DS9 and Voyager as Kang and in DS9's 'The Muse' as Jeyal.
- The new issue of the German Space View science-fiction magazine includes features on both Enterprise and Voyager, as well as a report from last April's FedCon 9 convention. Previews (in German) of the articles can be found on their site. Thanks go out to Gustavo Leao for this!
- Cinescape has a new list of the Top 10 Things Obsessive Voyager Fans Can Do Now That The Show Is Off The Air.
- According to the Great Link, Voyager's 'Endgame' will air in the UK on the 6th of August.
- The Great Link is also reporting that Sky One in the UK has launched another season of 'Seven of Nine on Voyager' episodes. On Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays the net will be showing a Seven-centred episode at 10:00pm GMT.
- According to a new study of "technology enthusiasts," otherwise known as a "geeks" or "nerds," the favourite television show of this group is not Star Trek, but rather Friends. Still, Trek was among the 10 most watched shows by this group, which makes up 13% of the US population. More can be found in this report on CNN.
- Space - The Imagination Station, Canada's science fiction television network, has listed Enterprise as part of its Fall lineup. Thanks go out to James Zuliani for this!
- "'Beam Me Up, Scotty!' That's what the fans always shout at me," James Doohan (Scotty) told AP at the recent Trek Expo 2001 in Tulsa. "I don't mind at all. That phrase is what I'll forever be identified with. They also like 'We need more power!'"
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.