News BulletsBy Michelle
February 27, 2006 - 2:24 PM
- Toyota notes that William Shatner (Kirk) will participate in the charity Toyota/Pro Celebrity Race's 30th anniversary opposite sports heroes such as fellow veteran John Elway.
- Ain't It Cool News has a rave review of Shatner's album Has Been.
- Check out Auto Destruct: One Man's Obsession With William Shatner and learn about wigged out fans, singing Klingons, Greco-Roman wrestling and an obese transvestite Trekkie.
- Britain's Independent has a complaint about Patrick Stewart (Picard)'s character on Eleventh Hour, which Lord May calls "the wilder shores of media irresponsibility."
- An interview with a visual effects supervisor on X-Men in Comic Book Resources notes that to de-age Stewart's character Xavier, the designers used Star Trek: The Next Generation for reference.
- The Physics of Star Trek author Lawrence Krauss, a Case Western Reserve University professor, has begun a campaign to oust the current Case president. Read all about it at Newsday.
- Silicon Valley's HeraldToday talks to Moody Blues drummer and Bradenton resident Graeme Edge about his being a Trekkie, admitting he has a signed script from the original Star Trek. "I don't believe I could go to any of the conventions...some have learned to speak Klingon!" he noted.
- Cartoonist David Reddick of "The Trek Life" chats with TrekUnited.
- And the official site has a new "Trek Life" cartoon involving Orion Slave Girls.
- In his LiveJournal, author Keith R.A. DeCandido announced a S.C.E./Next Generation crossover in 2007 in honour of TNG's 20th anniversary.
- In other book news, Christopher L. Bennett's Orion's Hounds is reviewed at TrekWeb.
- Fun! Millionaire Playboy has images from Toy Fair 2006 of Star Trek action figures among others.
- Decipher has new CCG articles on battle cards, portrait cards of celebrated characters and the 2006 competitive gaming season schedule.
- GamersReports has screen shots of the first renders from Star Trek Online for the PO.
- StarTrek.com has published some Desert Asteroid lists of favourite Trek episodes.
- Star Trek Hypertext has finished reviewing Star Trek: The Next Generation season one.
- ABC Newcastle in New South Wales has a report on the Unseen Theatre Company's live production of Star Trek episodes.
- TrekCore.com has screen caps from Enterprise's "The Andorian Incident" and "Breaking the Ice" plus TNG bloopers and special effects.
- New at Soul of Star Trek: a consideration of evil in the TOS episode "Day of the Dove" and a brief note on the latest Trek XI story rumours.
- And a biz note: Yahoo! Finance has the fourth quarter and full year 2005 results for CBS Corp., which split from Viacom Inc. officially at the end of the year.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.