Site ColumnsBy Lisa
September 26, 2001 - 9:25 PM
Well, this is it, the day Trek fans across the globe have bene waiting for, as Enterprise gets its premiere on UPN.
All you Americans are lucky @#€#$!&*!s.
As the NX-01 starts off on its maiden voyage, I'll be crouched in front of my computer in my house in Blighty - calculating the drain on the server from frantic people discussing 'Broken Bow' on the TrekBBS. My house is as cold as a flipping igloo right now as the weather prepares for Winter. I could just do with a temporal wormhole or perhaps some highly advanced sort of plastic surgery on my TV so I could pick up the broadcast here. I'm sure that would warm me up.
So spare a thought for us poor foreigners.
Of course, due to my work here on TrekToday I probably already know the episode as well as the actors, or my name's Septimus Serverus - but that's besides the point. I want to see it. Hurry up Sky!
Enjoy the episode. I'm off to sulk in peace.
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
-Which scenes make you proud to be a trek fan?
-Conversley, which scnes make you cringe?
-Give your thoughts on the Enterprise theme tune.
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
Today's Television Listings
At 8:00pm (7:00pm Central), UPN will be showing the two-hour Enterprise series premiere, 'Broken Bow.' Here's how the site describes the series:
A pre-quel set early in the 22nd century - bridging the gap between today's world and that of the original "Star Trek" - Enterprise focuses on the history of the galactic upheaval that leads to the formation of The Federation. Through their struggles, humans, vulcans, and numerous others, together will learn to work and live in harmony. Compelling tales of team bravery and individual heroism are sure to answer countless questions for die-hard fans of the series and capture the imagination of newcomers to the "Star Trek" universe.
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing The Original Series's 'Spock's Brain' at 5:00pm.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing The Original Series's 'The Cloud Minders' at 2:00pm, TNG's 'Firstborn' at 3:00pm, DS9's 'Dr. Bashir, I Presume' at 4:00pm, and Voyager's 'Fury' at 5:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing TNG's 'Power Play' at 17:00 GMT, with a repeat at 00:35. BBC2 will be showing DS9's 'What You Leave Behind' at 18:45. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Germany, Sat.1 will be showing TNG's 'Die Auflösung' ('Half A Life') at 16:00 CET.
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series episode 'The Enterprise Incident' at 5:00 p.m Eastern Time.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series episode ' The Savage Curtain' at 2:00 p.m Eastern Time, followed by the Next Generation episode 'Bloodlines' at 3:00 p.m. DS9's ' A Simple Investigation' is at 4:00 p.m followed by Voyager's 'Life Line' at 5:00 p.m
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing the Next Generation episode 'Time's Arrow' at 17:00 GMT Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Germany, Sat.1 will be showing the Next Generation episode 'Odan, der Sonderbotschafter' at 16:00 ECT.